Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Better results with pole

WCF

Help Support WCF:

laddergarder

Well after a few teething problems with my backpack, with varied tds figures between 2 - 6 ppm. Results were a little disappointing. I was beginning to think WFP just wasn't the viable method it is heralded to be. So I stuck with it, ordered another 4.6 ltr DI, to double up my tanks. Then reduced the flow a bit on the pump, as well as installing a trigger so I am not wasting so much water and time.

I redid my own windows, as well as trad'ing all my inside windows to see what the results were like.

Perfect.

No runs no spotting, nothing. My TDS is now a steady 000.

I now have two questions I would like to ask all the WFP pro's.

What TDS do you change your resin at?

Secondly my trigger value, which I go from fullCleanCentre http://www.fullcleancentre.com/mini-ball-valve-short-handle-1-4-ff/

has a little leak, can I just wrap that in plumbers tape, it seems to be fairly well srewed on, but still dribbling water.

Myself I only like to use 000pm water… at least that way if I do get any problem windows I can rule out the water I use as then will be down to technique or other issues like hard water staining etc.

Yep you could try using plumbers tape on the thread as should stop any leakage.

I replace the first DI resin once the ppm hits 5.

I'd recommend the flow valve from Gardiners & after connecting your pole hose, duct tape both ends to base of your pole, can control water with your thumb then.

I replace the first DI resin once the ppm hits 5.I'd recommend the flow valve from Gardiners & after connecting your pole hose, duct tape both ends to base of your pole, can control water with your thumb then.
rice i,m going to give that a go

Back