weird

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by daveyboy, Aug 30, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

After watching waggas new backpack vid i decided i would try my setup with the water flow higher like him
    Did my in laws and my windows today and strangely used no more water than usual but got them done quicker with a good rinse
    Anyone else or is it just me?

Advertisement
  2. Jake

Jake Grand Master

Been telling people for ages to increase flow Dave,

It's delusional to think lower flow saves water, all your doing is spending longer trying to rinse which actually uses more water, higher flow will mean rinsing is very fast and in turn uses less water, there is a balance, but in general 3/4 on the flow control is much faster & efficient compared to 1/2 flow and lower

That's why I've also got the 3mm pencil jets in to aid flow, much faster rinsing!

3. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

I had it on it's lowest since i had it and now up to half way..big difference

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  4. Jake

Jake Grand Master

When you get a van mount you'll know to straight away go high flow, wish id gone high flow straight away, would've saved so much time!

5. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

I reckon halfway is a lot quicker to work with than on the lowest setting
    Wouldn't want to go higher though as it will start to splash too much..once i have the van sorted i reckon 3mm jets are a good idea

6. Green Pro Clean Ltd

I only use fan jets, had pencils on my first brush in 2008 and hated them, had fans ever since.

My controller goes from 01-99 and is set permanently at 70, I can do an easy 30 houses with 300 liters without trying to be conservative, My tank is 500 liters and I will only run out if I don't do a full fill the night before.

7. peter rogers

peter rogers Grand Master

i use my flow at 80 u fly through the windows

8. Jake

Jake Grand Master

Hated fan jets green, 3mm pencil jets don't splash as the water comes out in a thick flow, fan jets take ages to rinse compared, I've used both, and pencil jets rinse much faster. Fan jets spray too much water outwards, which in turn creates less of a rinsing effect as gravity can't move lighter smaller droplets as fast as a big splurge from the pencil jets, the pencil jets concentrate the water better and it flows down the window faster = much faster rinsing, I will use my fan jets very occasionally for certain windows, but not many!

I use 75 on the flow controller - all flow controllers are the same 0-99 there all spring controllers, just branded in the sellers design depending on where you buy it.. So even at 75-80 I found fan jets really slow for rinsing

9. tench0771

tench0771 Grand Master

i have 3mm pencles flo set at 55 i had it at 80 but found some windows started leaking for me 55 is idel

10. Jake

Jake Grand Master

That must dribble out tench? I was really surprised at how low the pressure is with the 3mm jets compared to 2...

Advertisement