Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Which conduit do you use

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Andy

iv got my vice and heat gun want to make some tool addapters like H Man. Iv got the conduit external diamaters got those from H Man ages ago but all the conduit iv looked at in the diy shops does not seem to be as thick as the Austrailian stuff.If any of you have made any diy stuff can you tell me which conduit you actualy used please.

H man uses 25 and 32 mm extra rigid pipe. iv googled austrailian electrical pipe specs and the extra rigid pipe wall thickness is about 2 3/4 mm you cant get it from normal electrical suppliers here iv tried loads and none have a wall thickness any where near that thick.it will have to be a internet job

You can get different diameters of heavy duty conduit if you order from an electrical wholesale store. I didn't as you had to order too much when I enquired.

I looked at different types of plumbing pipe including heating pipes, but couldn't find the sizes I wanted.

I also tried alkathene as you can get the right size in that, but it melted funny.

I gave up in the end.

Is the pipe in Smurfs link not right? I haven't had a good enough look as I am on my phone and half asleep.

http://www.fastlec.co.uk/25mm-firebrake-electrical-conduit-x-300mm

I too would be interested to hear if anyone else finds something suitable and easy to get (I am in Northern Ireland, which makes it harder / more expensive ).

Latest Posts

Back