Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

How many houses have you got?

GSS Window Cleaning

Just sorted all my work out over Xmas and surprised to see I have 350 houses and do the round alone. I've just brought an additional 80 houses but expect that to dwindle down to about 50 once I've sorted bad payers ect. Is 400 houses too much for a one man band? Should be an average of 20 houses a day.

I found 400 was too much for myself *trad and think 350 tops seems about right; in order to be reliable for the customer.

Depends on lots of variables though,if the work is compact then clearly much more houses can be done with less time driving etc.

I couldn't take on 400 as that equates to 100 in a 5 day week at 20 a day I'd say when I average out Summer and Winter I'd factor for losing one day a week every week due to rain as I won't work in it, I've got 220 Customers I am aiming to get to about 280 but then the book closes.

Depends what the average price of the house is. Personally I rarely get into double figures of houses per day.

59 houses in one road is v impressive.

I couldn't take on 400 as that equates to 100 in a 5 day week at 20 a day I'd say when I average out Summer and Winter I'd factor for losing one day a week every week due to rain as I won't work in it, I've got 220 Customers I am aiming to get to about 280 but then the book closes.
I have lost around 5 days in the last year due to bad weather

The rain is barely heavy enough to be more than an annoyance and rarely rains long enough to lose more than a couple of hours

100 of my own + 280 I do with my father in law. He may have to retire soon due to I'll health and then its all mine, once I convert all to wfp and raise prices I'll probs be sat at 320, all days are within 1\2 mile block. Once thats done I'll just canvas neighbours if current custys and repeat until full. Think that'll be when I hit 400

True Peter but usually more houses = more money as they should all be priced well

Back