Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

What Is Ro & Di....

W

Wheatie

I keep hearing from posts things about RO DI when it comes to WFP.

Do you have to make a have one or the other? Could anyone explain what these are about and do. Also about having pure water with thw WFP. Can i have this system in my van then in a shed?

Regards

RO is reverse osmosis it purifies water with membrains and filters and takes a long time purify the water.

you can have on in your van or with a 1000l tank in your shed and transfer to you tank in your van

A DI Is a small vessel filled with resin that purifies water instantly but can cost a lot of money for your resin if your PPM is high

I have 115ppm and I use 2 DI vessels

A friend of mine has a static RO it gets his water down to about 5ppm then he uses a DI to polish the water off making his resin last for a long time

An R/O will produce in some systems 35 % Pure water and 65 % waste which will go down your drain. It will take out 92% / 98 % of waste from your water. A membrane life will last from 8 months to 3 years depending on water quality.

Resin will take your water to 000 ppm but the higher your ppm it will not last that long. 25l bag will treat around 6000l at 100 ppm.

PPM Is parts per million, best described if look on a label of bottled water.

1 mg/l = 001 ppm.

You will see all the minerals that are in the water and if you tested it with a TDS meter it should read the total advertised. Never have found a bottle yet that is correct.

You are looking for pure h2o to clean windows so none of the minerals should exist in the water

If you're looking to invest in some equipment then I would suggest having a system the has both an RO unit and resin in the back of your van. I got all of mine including a pole for less than 2k fitted and 4 months later its still producing purified water at 000ppm

Back