Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Web Site

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Posh

Lad I use when people ask me if I know a gardener his dad is a IT expert & his job is building Webb sites from home. Personally I would not have one as don't think it's worth it IMO. Have got this lad about 7 jobs so far & some pretty big ones so as a thank you his dad is going to do me a web site free of charge. I'll let you all criticise it when it's done lol.

Websites are worth the money mate, although yours was free so can't best that!! But it's a must these days with so many people using the internet to source cleaners

We had ours built for show and a portal for existing customers.

Wasn't expecting any work from it.

First job paid it off.

Dodger is ya website man /emoticons/biggrin.png

Sounds like you have a result there. Got three enquiries yesterday, two of them had been on my website. Didn't put them off lol as I got all three jobs even though one is a pre tenant clean.

I don't think ive had any jobs from my website !!!!!

I have received enquiries via my website after I have flyered an area but none directly from it .

ive had more luck from my free advert on yell.com lol .

A website gives potential customers a place to look and browse while they make up their minds after seeing your leaflet. About 40% of seo comes from offline sources. It good that the leaflet work with the website. Yell.com or whatever they call themselves now will work well but when I used them for a couple of years paid ad it just about broke even.

I don't think ive had any jobs from my website !!!!!

I have received enquiries via my website after I have flyered an area but none directly from it .

ive had more luck from my free advert on yell.com lol .
Get dodger to look at it.

We went live march 1st

Got three window cleaning jobs

Solar panel job x4

Roof x3

And some other jobs.

Prob SEO ain't happening on your site.

Dont expect wevsites to get u customers

U gotta go out n look for it
H many many people get lots of work from websites but I dare say only the ones that can BA updating or even finishing their site. If I was to browse a website looking for a service yes I'd like to see a little info about the company's services to kind of get to know them and what they're about and then I'd maybe like to take a look at the rest of the site if that grabbed my interest. Yours let me down, in the gallery theres one image 'our van' if I was a prospective I wouldn't be impressed and I'd leave which I suspect may have something to do with the lack of enquiries, I presume you're getting hits I've tried a few search terms and although your site is slipping down it is still on page one google.
It's the domain name got you page one but you've done nothing to attract custom with it and if you believe websites don't get you customers why pay to have it in the first place. Yes you're right go out and look for it but that goes for websites too, you have to work at them cba isn't an option.

Ye your absolutely right mate /emoticons/smile.png but ill be updating it soon , im getting plenty of customers coming in at the moment , im 100% concentrated on getting 400 customers

On 261 now /emoticons/smile.png and i reckon ill have 180 within 9 days /emoticons/smile.png 5 n a half weeks ago i was on 188 customers , so im growing rapidly

Ye your absolutely right mate /emoticons/smile.png but ill be updating it soon , im getting plenty of customers coming in at the moment , im 100% concentrated on getting 400 customers On 261 now /emoticons/smile.png and i reckon ill have 180 within 9 days /emoticons/smile.png 5 n a half weeks ago i was on 188 customers , so im growing rapidly
Waffle waffle waffle waffle .

Dont expect wevsites to get u customersU gotta go out n look for it
Do you think amazon built the website x amount if years ago and left it,,,,,

It's an on going part if your business.

Ask dodger. I work on mine almost daily. And the rewards are coming in.

Dodger is always helping, and I will make sure he seen alright by me !!

All sites need updating now n then

At the moment my website is my last priority as i got better things to do to bring jobs in

But ill be getin ma website updated very soon

website is a must if you can get it optimized to show on the first or second page of google (expensive I know) otherwise fogetaboutit!!!

You should update content on your website between 4months and 6months as google sees this as an active site.

Many create a site and just leave it this is a bad move as it will become stale. My own window cleaning website isn't great but I will freshen up the main page every six months. You have to sprinkle it with key word phrases (but still make it readably).

Content is king.

Dont get too hang up on trying to get on 1st page of google for window cleaning as it is a very competitive phrase. Try phrases like window cleaning in 'local area' or need a window cleaner.

Also get your web address on your van under your phone number, printed on clothing and leaflets.

About page with a photo of yourself or a workers can give you the edge.

Also a link to your facebook, twitter and blog page will help.

When buying a domain name try and buy the longest period you can. A year wont get that rating high and could be gone tomorrow but a 10 year one will say you are in business for the foreseeable future.

Lastly get a well built website may cost a bit at first will pay off in the long run, free ones are poor performers and a waste of time.

All sites need updating now n then At the moment my website is my last priority as i got better things to do to bring jobs in

But ill be getin ma website updated very soon
Nah totally disagree with that.

Ask smurf. Websites bring in the £200/£300/£400 jobs.

Anyways you concentrate on 400 customers

Back