Went Canvasing Today For 3Hours

Discussion in 'Advertising Offline/Online & Canvassing' started by 1stopcleaning+maintenance, Jun 19, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. 1stopcleaning+maintenance

only went for 3 hour as had afternoon work. i went to a nice upperclass area which id leafleted last week, a few streets didnt have a w.c i thought my look was in untill i met most the residents . alot of already got 1 came out even tho some windows were filthy and obviously were lying, they live in nice big posh houses but dont want pay to keep them clean, i had a few oh il call you, had 3 maybes , in the end i got 1 house smallest on estate £9 once a month

Advertisement
  2. mark m

mark m Hero

1 job is better than none , £9 month job is £100 a year pay rise :)

3. 1stopcleaning+maintenance

true good way too look at it, i was a bit disheartened earlier lol but was only out 3 hours and the area i went for mus be up there at the top in town to canvas , i think im going to target new build mainly as if theyv just been build shudnt have a cleaner and they should wanna keep there house nice an clean as it new.. key word being 'should' haha

4. rcproperty

rcproperty Hero

yer im gettin that around here a bit too, got a lot of polish and romanian doing them for dirt cheap, one house asked me to quote and gave him a price of £17. he said oh the other guy is doing it for £12! bearing in mind that there was 18 windows, 3 double patio doors, front door and back door!

5. 1stopcleaning+maintenance

ye id of priced that around £20 mark , just had a call to price up a 4bed complete facia gutter and window frames deep clean which they found me through google ads which is a bonus as its the free ads voucher im using with them, if i get any more before voucher runs out i will buy more!

6. rcproperty

rcproperty Hero

just cant give it away! lol

7. nearlyclean

Supplier

just keep plugging away, some roads i only had one house and kept cleaning it then people watch and see you do a good job and decide to use you, one in the hand worth two in the nest.canvass it again in a month or so time and you might pick up one two more sounds crazy but the first time you knock your just a stranger trying his luck but if they see you a few times they think hey its that window cleaning guy that does pats windows and there always so clean, i want some of that and hire you.

8. rcproperty

rcproperty Hero

thats the thing people dont want to try someone else coz they have been let down in the past by others, i get asked 'you will come next month wont you'

9. harunh

harunh Legend

1 customer is good ;) some poeple get 0... some people get 10... but u will get a day shortly that you will pick up atleast 5 customers... just stick at it mate :)

10. All Round Cleaning

All Round Cleaning Grand Master

My best day to date is 13 new customers in 2 hrs . Total of 95.00 .
    Thats a £1235.00 A year pay rise .

Advertisement