went canvassing again today

Discussion in 'Advertising Offline/Online & Canvassing' started by harunh, May 15, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. harunh

harunh Legend

for the same time... this time i only got 1 customer ! comapred to the 7 yesterday ! lol she wanted it cleaning every 4 weeks.... i charge £4.00 for fronts and £8.00 if i do the back aswell.. can only get through the back if shes in though

got 1 call from a old customer from a bungalow she got 1 of my leaflets through the door.... she had about 15 windows downstairs and a few doors ! she wanteda quote and said her previous cleaner charged her 4.50 i quoted her 8.00 she said no way to dear ! lol

but.... all the windows were down... there was no windows above your own height !

so i regret it and should of quoted her 5 pound :)

lol

Advertisement
  2. jambo113

jambo113 Guest

no offense but is it gonna be worth it at them prices i know you said before no one round your way wants to pay a lot for a windy but 5 quid for 15 windows even with wfp will take you 20 -25 mins with set up and travel time so youll only be getting about 10 an hour and as you said your insurance is 60 a week thats 240 a month then fuel road tax public liability and so on your over heads must be around the 400 quid mark thats an average of 80 cleans at a fiver each before you even take a wage you need to try and get your prices up or just hope your insurance goes down alot next year mate

3. Belfastcleaning

Belfastcleaning Grand Master

Don't forget the 200 in the wheely bin jambo

4. Matty H

Matty H Forum Addict

harunh - I really hope you do well mate but at those prices you will need a lot of customers to make a nice living from it. I can't believe people charge so little up there. £1 a window is a good marker IMO - personally I wouldn't clean 15 windows on a bungalow for £5. Good luck fella!

5. harunh

harunh Legend

thats what i thought matty h.... thats why i quoted 8 pound... but when they say no.... u think aww i should of done it ! lool

and to be honest... my rounds going to be compact... all close together..... so i wont be driving about to much...

if i get 100 customers with average 6 pound... thats 600 pound... and i already earn 400 quid a month from my part time job... so once i get 100 customers... i can build on from their ;)

hard work but i got to stick to it... and it will pay off... my part time job is the key to building this business up as u can see it covers all the cost for my business :(

6. A.K WINDOWS

dont forget mate as a wise man once said on here its not the amount of houses you have its how much there worth;)

80p to £1 a window:)

7. Paul

Paul Guest

Mate you know what your area is worth so just go off that but just remember you need to make money aswell I know all those smoggys are tight arses lol

8. jambo113

jambo113 Guest

thats not too bad if your keeping your other job for a bit as for the windows you will get some people think its too dear especially the older ones dont let it affect your pricing thow if you owned a shop you wouldnt put your prices down just because one person thinks it too much would you

9. A.K WINDOWS

simple reply to people who say wooo to dear mate is im a legit business and pay tax not like the smack head beer window cleaners on the estate;)then walk off.

10. Posh

Posh Hero

Here here

Advertisement