Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Canvassing Commercial.

W

Wheatie

When canvassing say a Pub/Hotel do you:

1- Go straight in, ask to talk to the manger?

2- Do you drop off a leaflet and pop in there a few days later?

3- Email them wait for a reply/pop in after a few days?

4- Call them and talk to the manager?

It doesn't have to be a pub/hotel, could be Car sales, Offices, Church, Schools, College, Police Station, garage, Shops etc etc

What do you guys recon or what do you guys do?

Always good and ask for manager and if they are not available you can leave leaflet for them then can call back another time to see them.

Cool cheers RC. When you canvassing mate, say you have a spear 2days, do you do one day Homes then one day Commercial?

i canvass retails shops like barbers/pharmacys/takeaways and i find that this really works good /emoticons/smile.png

but when doing it to pubs etc then it can be much harder /emoticons/tongue.png

Cool cheers RC. When you canvassing mate, say you have a spear 2days, do you do one day Homes then one day Commercial?
Do the commercials during the day as this is the only time the right management team to talk to is on duty. then do homes during late afternoon/evening

Like H said some pubs can be a little tricky, some want it done dirt cheap and not worth it.

wheatie mate in your town go i nthe busiest road... wer all the shops are... barbers,, sandwich bars.... tanning booths... hair salons.... conveniance stores etc

and tell them about window cleaning.. but make sure utell them u do their shop sign... when u tell them that they show a big interest... and end up taking u on /emoticons/tongue.png trust me /emoticons/wink.png lol

these shops keep me going mate u cant beat them mate

cos they pay u straight out the till /emoticons/tongue.png no calling back mate its cash their and then /emoticons/wink.png lol

Offer a quote, as this they can't turn away, if they do, tell them its free and ask them what they have to lose?

I find emails work well (not had any unsolicited email thingy back... yet). I use something called Glenigan http://www.glenigan.com/

It's great, and you can find out contact details and when and where new builds are!

Yes, you have to pay for the service, but got my money back 10 fold. This works for me, along side popping in to Hotels and the like now and then.

Cheers H mate, once I'm just about to get up and running I will get on that straight away!

Masons that a good idea I will defo keep that in mind!

I find emails work well (not had any unsolicited email thingy back... yet). I use something called Glenigan http://www.glenigan.com/

It's great, and you can find out contact details and when and where new builds are!

Yes, you have to pay for the service, but got my money back 10 fold. This works for me, along side popping in to Hotels and the like now and then.
I will look into that mate, many thanks!

what do u click on when on the site ?

I just puck up a kickboxing gym didn't even do anything to get it they just came to me .

Insides outsides and mirrors £15 for 20 mins job .
Mate that's great!

Yeah it is ha ha just see if I can get some more commercials I'm going to do it tomorrow at 12 so I should get noticed lol .
thats good mate /emoticons/tongue.png once u get picking commercial jobs u start picking more n more mate /emoticons/tongue.png

I'm doing quite well commercial wise at the min just picked another decent one up last week, I find linkein brilliant for connecting with people you know who to ask for when ringing or calling in.

Back