Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

How do you get your squeegee into these tight angles at top of window?

Try using a wagtail type swivel applicator & squeegee instead.

That's another good reason why I started using wfp method aswell to be honest as I find it great on awakard stuff like that too.

Last edited by a moderator:
if u use a ladder put ladder onto top facia and reach by hand safely:rolleyes:

if no ladder as Smurf says

if u use a ladder put ladder onto top facia and reach by hand safely:rolleyes:if no ladder as Smurf says
And give them soffits a going over while you're up there /emoticons/smile.png a few extra quid to earn there :thumbsup:

The smaller window looks fairly straight forward and should be possible with your unger squeegee, if the blade is flexible......i would cut the edge with the end of the sqeegee blade then make sure the squeegee is at the same angle as the window frame and then pull down. The larger ones look a bit trickier......I would ensure the blade was loose and flexible, pull from the top left hand side, following the edge of the frame and then pull down. Not easy. If you can get your ladder up there as norm suggests then that would be better.

Do you just push squeegee as high as possible then scrim what is missed in the difficult to reach angles at the top of the windows?
I have a flexible unger squeegee head but still find it hard to manouver into gaps?
Get a ladder.

You're a fine one to talk @norm after your ladder fall :confused:

Do you mean use a pointy ladder as a normal ladder could not be set safely on that apex fascia?

To be honest I would not want to use a pointy ladder on that job either but thats just me.

if u use a ladder put ladder onto top facia and reach by hand safely:rolleyes:if no ladder as Smurf says

Don't think the customer would be that impressed do you @Tuffers or should that be Mr Bean /emoticons/biggrin.png
No, not really :rofl:

I do have a house with windows like that, that I trad. I put one frame of the ladder on the tile and the other side on the window frame, so the ladder is at an angle to the glass. The window in the pic is further away from the tiles than the one I do though and looks out of reach off a ladder to me.

Why as I thought you use wfp now? /emoticons/biggrin.png
I pole the front and walk through a blinking field to get to the back, plus they have a bedroom behind the pointed part that is impossible to reach off the ground with a pole, so I have to get up there off a ladder.

Kudos to those that can do both /emoticons/biggrin.png

Seems a pain in the **** job to me and like @cheapncheerful would say do a runner /emoticons/biggrin.png

You have to walk through a field wtf:confused:...

I would only take on jobs like that if I got paid very well for all the hassle like treble my usual rate:whistle:

yep me had a walk through the field one....only done it once ....i cba....the main house itself is all little squares and the owner...a reputed millionaire...never opens the curtains and the insides are rank....i do it occasionally for a laugh...../emoticons/smile.png

It is a pain in the ****, but I get a glimpse of the owner now and again :love: yeh me got a few like that...

You're a fine one to talk @norm after your ladder fall :confused:
Do you mean use a pointy ladder as a normal ladder could not be set safely on that apex fascia?

To be honest I would not want to use a pointy ladder on that job either but thats just me.
/emoticons/smile.png think ya could put ordinary ladder up just below apex and reach through to get the top awkward bits then pole the other bits

but i could be wrong:eek:

Back