Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

anyone have experience with hot water for wfp?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Cactus27

i recently purchased an eccotemp L10 portable water heater to warm up my water.temps here are around freezing right now with tap water 40ish degrees F.

did some research about thermal cracking of glass and it didn't seem a concern but today as i cleaned the window would start to make clicking noises, no cracks but the clicking scared the **** out of me and i turned the heater off.

anybody had direct experience with this?

Makes sense I suppose, but I hope not as I'm looking at getting a diesel heater fitted.

To try and stand out from the crowd as pure water is pure water

You aren't washing the window with 40 degree water, probably closer to 18-20 in most cases.

By the time it's gone through 100 meter of hose it will have cooled a fair amount.

Even with the water at 40 and the glass at o degrees you have little chance of fracture due to 'thermal shock'

Makes sense when it comes from someone who knows what they are talking about, with being new to window cleaning I question everything its the only way I will learn

have been going through insurance quotes but I nether thought of covering what I was working on will have to check what they are quoting for.

thanks

The only provider I have found so far that offers truly comprehensive cover for the cleaning industry is Gleaming Insurance, sure there are others cheaper but that's cause what you're working on isn't actually covered.

have been going through insurance quotes but I nether thought of covering what I was working on will have to check what they are quoting for.thanks

The only provider I have found so far that offers truly comprehensive cover for the cleaning industry is Gleaming Insurance, sure there are others cheaper but that's cause what you're working on isn't actually covered.
You can't beat gleaming insurance

Covered for pretty much any eventuality and only 14 quid a month

The price of a small job a month to know you are safe is nothing really

You can't beat gleaming insuranceCovered for pretty much any eventuality and only 14 quid a month

The price of a small job a month to know you are safe is nothing really
Will give them A bell this week and compare quotes

It's the extra things they cover which i like

Never found another policy which covers costs for locksmiths if you lose customers key or all expenses if you forget to lock customers property and then they get burgled etc

All little things that add up to improve an already good policy

Will do well my missus will as will never get any where if I try to sort it out and at least I can blame some one if its wrong /emoticons/smile.png)

It's the extra things they cover which i likeNever found another policy which covers costs for locksmiths if you lose customers key or all expenses if you forget to lock customers property and then they get burgled etc

All little things that add up to improve an already good policy
Who that's very good

just need to buy a system and find lots of customers

I've got a van so its a start

You aren't washing the window with 40 degree water, probably closer to 18-20 in most cases.
By the time it's gone through 100 meter of hose it will have cooled a fair amount.

Even with the water at 40 and the glass at o degrees you have little chance of fracture due to 'thermal shock'
the water comes out the hose plenty hot depending on the setting i have had over 71c at hose end in testsing

Back