Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Any Advice On Wfp Appreciated

M

mb30

Hello to everyone,

I’m looking for some opinions on the WFP System. I have a large round which is roughly 60% commercial 40% domestic all done by traditional method.

I have been looking into the WFP System for sometime and have come to the stage where its do I or don’t I buy one? I have decided a 650 or 800 Litre, R/O, Hot Water System would suit me best and have narrowed my search to one of the following:

Omnipole Pro 800 Hot Water System.

Brodex 650 with added water heater.

Pure Freedom System with added water heater.

I’m just very concerned about the results of the WFP, my daughter lives in an apartment complex and theres a large window cleaning company contracted to clean all the apartment windows every few months. When they came last week I was looking at the windows being cleaned from inside when the window was cleaned the remaining water left a lot of spotting and what appears to be limescale marks infact the window looked worse. These guys were using a cold water system.

Seeing the results of this clean is putting me off a WFP system as I would lose customers if I were to leave their windows like my daughters windows were left.

Thank you in advance for an advice/replies

Mark

WFP leaving any marks is down to the operator or the water purity, it's definitely the best way to clean domestic work and large commercial stuff, town shops aren't too happy about it though.

Hi

I recently started using water fed pole and it dose take some practice, some houses do not take to this cleaning method coz the rubbers leak and leave a streak, some may take 3 cleans and be ok, I explained to all my custys that i will be cleaning water fed pole tops and traditional bottoms and they were ok after i gave it some talk about how it keeps cleaner for longer but i had a few not liking it so i carried on cleaning them ones traditional, Shop front i do trad with a wagtail if needed and it is the best thing i did i can clean quicker now but it was a bugger to start like going back to re clean the odd house.

Good luck hope this helps

from the 'science' point of view the dirty marks being left is down to the water quality not being down to 0ppm - easily rectified

the user point of view you will leave dirty marks when you are inexperienced and are waving the pole all over the place when rinsing. Be careful about not getting your rinse above the top frame unless that is a place where you have cleaned properly.

I used to work for a guy who wouldn't allow cleaning above the frame whereas I have been doing since working for myself. It means using a lot more water on the rinse but at least I know my windows are 100% right to begin with

I used to work for a guy who wouldn't allow cleaning above the frame whereas I have been doing since working for myself. It means using a lot more water on the rinse but at least I know my windows are 100% right to begin with
I've been trying to tell a friend who's started up to do that as he keeps leaving spots, he can't get it into his head that if the whole window including frame is clean his maintenance cleans will be quicker and easier.

This is one way I sell wfp to customers who think it's not a great system: "spots are down to the water not being pure and runs from the top are down to him being a bad/lazy worker. let me know you how it should look when it's done properly and you'll be convinced"

Thanks for the replies guys.

From what I understand so far about the WFP system is,

The water in my van must be perfectly pure for example 00.0

and I will know its pure by checking it with a tds meter?.

An inexperienced or lazy operator not using the right technique could lead to spotting or a bad finish.

Does it take many cleans with WFP to wash away the residue from previous trad cleans?

Sorry about all the questions but I really need to do my homework before spending thousands on a new van and WFP system.

I've been trying to tell a friend who's started up to do that as he keeps leaving spots, he can't get it into his head that if the whole window including frame is clean his maintenance cleans will be quicker and easier.
"if the whole window including frame is clean his maintenance cleans will be quicker and easier" Can you explain what you mean, must we clean the frames as well as the windows and why? Sorry I'm just trying to learn as much as I can about WFP.

You have to clean the frames each time or dirt on them could run down. Sell that as a bonus to the customer but seriously it's quicker than applicator/squeegie.

Initial clean will take longer but all residue should be gone. The "it could take 3 cleans" is a lazy persons excuse! Would you get your car valeted by someone who said "first 2 cleans won't be perfect"?

I go side to side and a little bit up and down on the top frame for the first clean, then do the side and bottom frame, rinse frames and then do glass. Once I've done all the tops I go back round a second rinse the glass (only the glass) this is just for initial cleans.

After that first time, you can whoosh round the frames and glass, rinse, move on. You've got it right when you start to feel guilty at how quick it takes! Just don't stress yourself about timing on the first clean.

Never had a complaint. I do put on my slips a guarantee. Words to the effect of you'll be happy each time or call me and I'll come back. Never had a call back to fix them.

"if the whole window including frame is clean his maintenance cleans will be quicker and easier" Can you explain what you mean, must we clean the frames as well as the windows and why? Sorry I'm just trying to learn as much as I can about WFP.
Yes do the whole lot inside the reveal, it keeps it clean and stops any trapped dirt running down the window and ruining your hard work. Also means once they're clean they stay clean and people notice this type of thing, I know it's picked me a few customers up.

I transferred over from traditional 2 weeks ago and using WFP from now,this forum bin great for advice on all of what I've needed to know,I clean the whole frame and window once,n then go over the window again,a few spots on a few houses.as long as ppm is 000,it straight forward swap for me,plus customers appreciate clean frames and doors too

Back