Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Any slx-18 users?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

SPCleaning

I have just bought a SLX-35 with a medium mixed dual trim brush.

After using a vikan brush for the last three years (not the same one of course) I am very impressed with the ease this combination cleans with, and more importantly, this seems to make the jobs faster.

The 35 is perfect for the high work having replaced my CLX-27, but a little cumbersome for low level work.

The trouble is I now hate my vikan brush and 22' pole (Phoenix Hybrid) set up, as it feels like hard work and was considering getting myself the SLX-18. So between the 18 and 35 I'd have everything covered. Is the 18 suitable for most domestic properties? I'm thinking that it will be light and therefore quick to use.

18' would struggle to reach over a conny head on, surely?
Ah, but he has a 35 footer too.

SP cleaning, I understand the thought of a 18ft pole when you have the bigger one. I have a SLX-30 with an extension so equiv of your SLX-35. I have also been thinking of a 18ft pole for the majority of simple 2 storey work, then bring out the bigger pole on the jobs it's needed.

We are thinking along the same lines WWC. I think the two poles would be a great combination and would make for an efficient working day.

I have a 22' and I feel like there would be too many windows (eg. over conny roofs) where i would have to grab my longer one had i bought an 18'. I was considering getting an 18', but the collapsed length is the same (very compact) and the weight difference is minimal.

I'm very surprised that gardiners don't sell poles that you can take the sections off you don't need easily and put them back on when you do. That way you would only need to buy/use one pole. Hmmmm I think I have answered my own question /emoticons/biggrin.png

just have done with it an get a 25ft extream pole its like holding a match stick but u will have the extra reach for over connys ,i have a 22ft pheonix an that can strugle at times on dorma windows

I'm very surprised that gardiners don't sell poles that you can take the sections off you don't need easily and put them back on when you do. That way you would only need to buy/use one pole. Hmmmm I think I have answered my own question /emoticons/biggrin.png
We do!

We even sell extensions so that you can buy the smallest pole you need and then extend if ever needed /emoticons/smile.png

[media]

[/media]
But you knew this already didn't you /emoticons/wink.png

There's just no telling that Smurf fella, Uncle Alex...........I'm at my witts-end with him /emoticons/biggrin.png.

The 35 is perfect for the high work having replaced my CLX-27, but a little cumbersome for low level work.

The trouble is I now hate my vikan brush and 22' pole (Phoenix Hybrid) set up, as it feels like hard work and was considering getting myself the SLX-18. So between the 18 and 35 I'd have everything covered. Is the 18 suitable for most domestic properties? I'm thinking that it will be light and therefore quick to use.
Try your Dual Trim Brush on your Pheonix 22' pole and see what it's like.....or even buy an extreme brush and try that....will be a lot lighter than the Vikan.

Try your Dual Trim Brush on your Pheonix 22' pole and see what it's like.....or even buy an extreme brush and try that....will be a lot lighter than the Vikan.
Yes I could do that. I haven't checked the connections to see if it will fit but I will take a look.

We do!
We even sell extensions so that you can buy the smallest pole you need and then extend if ever needed /emoticons/smile.png

[media]

Oh I see,..................So instead of buying a SLX-18 at £207, I just need an assortment of end-caps. I can reduce the size of the pole to the required length. Thanks Alex. :laugh:

Now you also have learnt that you can also shorten a pole (take sections off it) you don't need so no need to buy another one. Nor the end caps if you don't want /emoticons/biggrin.png

Now you also have learnt that you can also shorten a pole (take sections off it) you don't need so no need to buy another one. Nor the end caps if you don't want /emoticons/biggrin.png
Well, I think I would want end caps though. I can't see the ends of a carbon fiber poles standing up too well to everyday knocks without cracking or splintering. Though at least Gardiner poles are wrapped CF and not extruded, which would last even shorter.

A question for @Alex Gardiner … Only the outer section of your CF poles are coated. So dropping sections to use a smaller pole would mean holding a non-coated pole (lots of CF dust on your hands ). Can the other poles be coated with maybe a fiberglass gel coat without causing problems of the poles no longer sliding easily when back together? I know that I can spray a light lacquer coat, but that wears off quickly. So, I was thinking of a fiberglass top coat resin.

Back