Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

What Happens When The Sun Came Out To Play In Poole

I got one shortly after I started clearing & cleaning gutters & fascias may moons ago. To be honest I found it far too heavy and whippy fully extended to use so hardly ever use it now. Stick a gutter clearing tool (bend) on the end and you will be flung all over the place not to mention will blast **** everywhere too /emoticons/biggrin.png
You will find some ppl will object to contractors using pressure washers on their home for guttering etc as are rightfully concerned that high pressure water could ingress the roof space.

I've had many potential domestic customers say "you don't use a pressure washer do you?". :rolleyes:
Noted comments Smurf, I've had the opposite one customer came to me because their window cleaner had used chemicals - stripped the paint of the house and discoloured the flashing while killing plants. :rolleyes:

Not sure what they used but must have been very strong... At least with water can't kill anything, however not had a complaint about water ingress yet... Probably because I'm careful. /emoticons/wink.png and use a GutterVac like you to clean them out first. /emoticons/smile.png

Chloras or brick acid also maybe some very strong custic tfr's would do that /emoticons/biggrin.png

I've found just using water be it from a pressure washer lance or wfp will not get all plastic clean enough for me as on most you have to use something like viro-sol or ubik. Also obviously would not use a pressure washer on wooden painted fascias etc either.

Using a lance is ok for some jobs but still on most bad jobs I've done you have to scrub with a wfp pole and use chems awell /emoticons/wink.png

i only use the telescopic on big detached houses mainly for the final rinse, i noticed before that using a washer on facia and soffit cleans with just water will sometimes only fade the dirt ,so a good scrub with preffered degreaser will adgitate the dirt better and result in a deeper clean,then rinse with the washer , if someone is stupid enough to use potent chems on a job where theres flowers and plants well good luck to them .

Back