Wfp and leaded Windows

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by Amos, Aug 20, 2016.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Amos

Amos Member

Hi guys so please with my WFP system I have not had a chance to clean leaded windows does the system work just as good on leaded windows as normal glass thanks for any feed back !

Advertisement
  2. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

It works better as the brush gets right into the corners of the lead. On old style lead watch out for any water leaking inside and leeching of dirt out of any crevasses. Rinse well!

3. Amos

Amos Member

Cheer stuffers will do mate

4. Duncs

Duncs Grand Master

i clean this house with the dreaded leaded windows
    trad first, but when i changed to WFP the customer was well pleased makes gd job

5. Den

Den Forum Addict

I do quite a lot of leaded windows modern one I mean I use flocked brushes either sill or ultimate just glides of them much better than my medium mix.

6. Solarpanelcleanington

Solarpanelcleanington Forum Addict

I do plenty old style. Thin glass and very flimsy. Some water leaks in but they expect it.
    Clean gently.

7. Amos

Amos Member

Cheers guys your soo helpful thanks

8. Andy

Andy Forum Addict

I clean a lot of leaded windows real one's not b&q stick on shat. Flocked brush and do not push hard or the lead work will bow in and possibly glass can fall out. And you can bet your house they will leak. The one's I clean are roughly 18x24 inches made up of diamond shaped glass and they are £500 a panel. If you have to clean the inside watch your hands real leads have metal bars running across them and they are tied to gether with wire and the ends will cut like a razor.

9. Alien Human

Go gentle, very gentle.

And angle the brush up a bit further so that your able to brush down with the bristles tucked under as they go down the window (quite difficult to explain in words!).........basically what you are trying to avoid is meeting the lead head on with brush as this will def increase the risk of damaging the lead.

10. Amos

Amos Member

Cheers fellas soo helpful!!

Advertisement