Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Sign of the Times

WCF

Help Support WCF:

vito61

Lost a customer this morning because of economic downturn. they had no complaints and were v sorry, but having to make cutbacks. Not long had a new baby, wife works, hubby doesn't (apart from looking after 2 children).

This has been the first I've lost this way.

I had a customer a few months back, cancell as he recently lost his job. £6 I charged for their house. I was round that way last week and he asked if I would start again as he got a job lol..

Maybe once they see how dirty their windows are in a few months they will want you back!

i have lost a few like that, a lot only work 16 hours, and the other doesnt work, as they will rent a house and be better off only work part time, but as the gov has taken away working tax credits, it will hit a lot of people,

I lost one today.

She said if your cleaning with that pole ill find someone else.

I said was the last time the way you wanted.

She said yes.

I replyed. Funny that iv used the pole on yours for 4 months.

She wasnt amused. But naymind.

Funny how they complain but nothin to back there argument.

Picked up two new today on different street so every cloud n that.

been doing a custy for over 2 years, and they cancelled today, as the last clean, was all spotty, didnt bother ringing me to sort, just decided to cancel, and get a other wc whos leaflet they had, but he hasnt been around yet, to start, but if hes no good then they will take me back on, said sorry i dont take custy back on who cancel said you should of rung me to come sort it out, and then i walked off, its a street where i now do 4 use to do 16, but full of **** payers, there where on of 5 decent payers on the street, feel sorry for the new lad, i bet he ends up taking on all my regects who are bad payersbluemonkey

Am finding that some prefer traditional, as its cheaper?

Example, one customer said they was being charged for £12 which window cleaner used wfp, if I was doing tradition I would charge £5, if yourlosing customers like that might be better to go back trad???

Iv lost one. So not to bad i suppose. I charge the same as wen i did trad.

No point charging more. It was me that changed.

Gettin more custys with wfp due to being able to go above conny roofs

Am finding that some prefer traditional, as its cheaper?

Example, one customer said they was being charged for £12 which window cleaner used wfp, if I was doing tradition I would charge £5, if yourlosing customers like that might be better to go back trad???
WFP can work faster than trad so prices should be the same

i always hear this about wfp being quicker but really it depends on the cleaner, iv watched wfp cleaners pull up to a house at the same time as me and by the time they had reeled there hose and got the pole up to the first window id already cleaned 2 of the upstairs bays, even if the caught up with me on the tops there is no way they would be quicker than me with a wfp on the downstairs windows, and even if they did they have to re reel the hose and sort poles, warning signs etc where i just rack the ladders in about 10seconds and drive off! im only speaking from my experience mind, i am quite quick by trad standards and maybe the wfp guys i see are slow...lol

Back