Wfp bad back and neck!

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by crownwindowcleaning, Sep 22, 2014.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. crownwindowcleaning

Hi guys,

I use to do traditional window cleaning but packed it in because of my back and neck kept suffering through lifting ladders all the time.

I've been doing part time work doing other bits and pieces and have thought about getting back into it for a while with wfp. Just wondered if any of you guys experienced same thing and if wfp doesn't put so much strain on back and neck, worried about getting a set up and suffering again.

Hope to hear your thoughts

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Advertisement
  2. Smurf

Smurf Banned

If you think trad was bad then you will be in for a rather big shock as wfp work is hard graft too. The only option going down the wfp route if you suffer with a bad back to try and make it easier on your body is to get decent lightweight kit.

3. crownwindowcleaning

Thanks smurf, the main problem was lifting the ladders on and off my truck all day. I was only ever doing domestic not big commercial jobs and if I go back aim to stay that way.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

4. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

WFP will give you aches you've never had until you're used to it. It's bloody hard graft, but you can get through your work a lot quicker. Best thing I ever did.

5. Duncs

Duncs Grand Master

when I changed to W F P , sore neck, chest arms, but the same as tuffers best thing I did.
    Only thing get gd poles makes your job so much easier.

6. Natty1972

Natty1972 Forum Addict

I used to get a sore neck when I started wfp using a glass fibre pole .. Since I bought a carbon fibre pole , I've never had a sore neck

7. crownwindowcleaning

Thanks for feed back guys. I know from watching others do it it could give aches but I'm thinking that's down to using muscles you don't usually use. How would you say it compares to lifting ladders all day?

8. Duncs

Duncs Grand Master

crown its so much easier WFP ,you could work all day safely too

9. bazzer

bazzer Active Member

probably a bit easier than lifting ladders all day mate but still pretty hard graft but much quicker round them houses like a few said the lighter poles the best

10. crownwindowcleaning

What would you recommend I do regards set up? I was thinking of getting a 350litre tank in the back of my Hilux either the whole kit or the purification bit in my garage and transfer to back of truck or would you say start off with a trolley?

Advertisement