Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

WFP BASICS

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Cottonlung

Hi people :)

I've been a trad window cleaner for 8 years and am currently debating adding wfp (the backpack style) to the business as I have the work to accommodate it.. however, I know sod all about it so just wondered if there was any books floating around that can help me understand the basics... I've had a look on the net but can't seem to find anything unless I'm looking in the wrong place...

any decent input would be greatly appreciated:)

James

Watch youtube vids to pick up the basics. The good ones explain how to wfp properly. I only jumped ship about 7-8 months ago and I can tell you that you wont go back to tradding jobs once you've got a decent wfp set up.

Whatever you do, make sure you get an RO (Reverse Osmosis) and not a DI (De-Ironisation Resin Only) system. I brought the latter and it costs a fortune in resin seeing as most of this country is very hard or hard water with high PPM (parts per million of solids). The RO is far more cost effective for producing pure water.

Go on: windowcleaningwarehouse.co.uk - and read the guides on there, thats a good place to start. You can also buy the equip on there - oh one other thing - NEVER buy an aluminium pole. They are way to heavy and will murk your arms - thats why they are so cheap. Invest in carbon fibre, you wont regret it

Watch youtube vids to pick up the basics. The good ones explain how to wfp properly. I only jumped ship about 7-8 months ago and I can tell you that you wont go back to tradding jobs once you've got a decent wfp set up.
Whatever you do, make sure you get an RO (Reverse Osmosis) and not a DI (De-Ironisation Resin Only) system. I brought the latter and it costs a fortune in resin seeing as most of this country is very hard or hard water with high PPM (parts per million of solids). The RO is far more cost effective for producing pure water.

Go on: windowcleaningwarehouse.co.uk - and read the guides on there, thats a good place to start. You can also buy the equip on there - oh one other thing - NEVER buy an aluminium pole. They are way to heavy and will murk your arms - thats why they are so cheap. Invest in carbon fibre, you wont regret it
Thanks very much il go have a peep now! Cheers for rapid reply /emoticons/smile.png

Hiya @Cottonlung ..nice to see you posting on here not just on Bobs vids lol

Have a look at wagga (Christopher dawber) on youtube for ideas with backpack on a trolley etc

Watch a few vids on technique then forget them and do it the way previously posted by @PJ Bullard

You will soon pick up your own style

Back