WFP battery for pump

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by Ryan, Feb 7, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Ryan

Ryan Guest

got a shurflo 100psi 5.2lpm pump

what the best battery to run it with

any good links ?

Advertisement
  2. Leisure battery, 80amp ish I think. Also, get a split charge relay installed, costs like £15 and you never have to charge the battery again :)

3. James

James Guru

80amp leisure batt aye

James.

4. badbusdriver

badbusdriver Guest

******** to that! (unless its a trolley system?). I spent my 1st year using a leasure battery, having to lug it into the house from the van every ***ht to charge it up, which was a monumental pain in the ass! (well, arm and shoulders really!), and it isnt necessary. My pump is wired straight to my van battery, although my pump controller is of the type i can also use a leasure battery, keeping it charged off the van battery if needed. I have one street where i am parked up for 3-3.5 hours cleaning windows and have never had any problems starting afterwards. So unless it is convenient for you, i.e., you have a driveway, so dont have to remove it to charge it, just miss out the leasure battery. If you have a pump controller, and your van battery isnt knackered, you dont need it!.

5. bluemonkey

bluemonkey Guru

i have used all 3 options

1 leisure battery lasted about 12 months before knackered, pain taking in to charge
    2 running of van battery, best thing i did wish i still had it,
    3 split relay to battery, had this for a month blown 2 split relays already and the garage cant work out why

go with option 2

6. Ryan

Ryan Guest

If i was to run it off the car battery how did u connect it all up ?

justa earth at the back and the live going to the battery ? that simple lol

7. bluemonkey

bluemonkey Guru

i just plug in to cig lighter, running cables from pump

8. badbusdriver

badbusdriver Guest

Well that's one option, mine, as said, is wired to my van battery. The wiring came with the pump controller which i got from cleaning spot, although weirdly, the wires that were supposed to go to the van battery were only about 5' long, so i used the wires supposed to be for connecting up a leasure battery, they were about 20' long!. Wiring it up was easy though and to get the wire to the back i just fed the wire through into the inner wing to the door aperture, over the top of the door seal through into the back to the pump controller.

9. ricoclay

ricoclay Guest

Unless you are gonna spend a fair bit on a decent Leisure Battery (and I mean over the £200 mark) then stick with running it off of your Van battery with a voltage sensitive relay to boost the charge into your battery. Most so called Leisure Batteries are made to last a season of camping and therefore are the same make up of a standard car battery. The problem with them is they probably only have a cyclic count of about 150-200 which is why you would be better spending the money on a juicy van battery.

My advice is to go for a Varta Silver Car Battery for your van and then getting a sparky to wire in your system via a relay which will cut the power to your pump when it gets below something like 12.4v

10. James

James Guru

Never had a problem with my leisure batteries

Here's what I use: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2x-Deep-Cycle-Battery-AGM-95AH-850CCA-Leisure-Battery-/250929082289?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_BoatEquipment_Accessories_SM&hash=item3a6c89efb1

James.

Advertisement