Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

I've heard it all now!!!

Matty H

One of my custies told me a story today which left me in shock but also made me laugh /emoticons/biggrin.png

Her mother lives in a Large detached house 5 bed, 2 bathrooms etc... And she doesn't have a window cleaner because of the cost - I actually quoted her £20 but she said she wouldn't pay more than £10 and as its a bit out of my way I naturally declined..

She gets a knock on the door last week - some polish lad with his girlfriend (weird) asking if she wants her windows cleaned - "how much" she says - back came the reply £5 for the lot - now that sets alarm bells ringing to me but as she told me she would pay £10 she obviously accepted his offer. He said he would come back later to do them (even weirder) so around 3 hours later he returns carrying a ROUND black bucket, a chamois cloth and some washing up liquid. He knocks the door, she answers he hands her the bucket and says "can you fill thaf with hot water please and I don't suppose you have a set of ladders" /emoticons/wink.png I REALLY DIDN'T KNOW WHAT TO SAY!!!!

Don't knock 'em. If you're any way decently presented the customer will appreciate your professional presentation and you will be even more secure in their eyes.

lmao vito61 is right though people like that make the ones who do a proper job more sought after & more valuable

i had a lad working with me for a few days last wek, who works for a other wc, and he was telling me that when they go to jobs, his boss always fills up his tank to replace the water he has just used on the people houses, and they do a hotel every month, said he once caught him asleep in one of the rooms and is know for vanishing and returning after having a shower and a shave

Really the old lady should have known better, some people see nothing but the price. Forget what work will be done, how they do it, or the quality of work they will receive. I bet he's being advertised on Martins Money Saving Experts right now, lol.

Latest Posts

Back