WFP brush heads

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by SteveB, Jul 1, 2016.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. SteveB

SteveB Newcomer

Morning all,

What is your preferred choice/make of brush head at the moment for general window use? New to the WFP scene!!!

Any positive input welcome, cheers.

Steve.

Advertisement
  2. CHWS

CHWS Forum Addict

Gardiners super lite medium mixed lasts the longest , I've only started to wear it out recently from using it for pvc and caravan cleaning

3. Marko067

Marko067 Well-Known Member

I'm currently using Gardiner's Ultimate Flocked and an X-Line Evo-Lite mono brush and am liking both. The flocked is the brush I use the most. And much as I like fanjets for easy maintenance work, when needed pencils give a better rinse IMHO.

4. Jaylee42

Jaylee42 Member

I've been using
    Unger HiFlo nLite Radius brush and its **** no scrubbing power it's ok for gutters though.

5. Den

Den Forum Addict

The last two day I have been using the ultimate flocked and now like it a lot, Mark067 only the other day you said something along the lines finding out with swapping and changing what works best for you, beginning to understand what you mean lol got this brush on your recommendation and now glad i did.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  6. Marko067

Marko067 Well-Known Member

Hi Den. Another tip I've picked up from other windies re brushes is in respect to the dreaded snail/slug trails. If you've got some stubborn ones try flicking most of the water out of the brush and scrub them without the water flowing. It works really well. Too much water causes too much slip with snail trails and the brush just glides over the top. This method works particularly well with the flocked brushes.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  7. noddy

noddy Well-Known Member

if your new theres only one brush , xline sill brush , don't get the flocked one get the standed one

the standed brush is best because you don't have to worrie about bits getting trapped in it , its a brush that cleans for you and will cover a lot of your mistakes you make when learning your trade keeping custmers happy

once you have got a few 1000s houses under you belt then go for and lighter and thinner brush as you will better at cleaning and wont need to rely on the brush so much

we start all our new guys on xline sill brushes

8. Den

Den Forum Addict

Nice one will remember that cheers.

9. C Rose Cleaning Services

I've just upgraded from the Unger radius brush. I've found that okay for the most part for the last few months but the long bristles make it bounce all over the place. I've just got the Gardiner super light medium mixed to use from Monday. They have many different brushes though so have a look on their site!

10. TommoTrueShineWCS

TommoTrueShineWCS Active Member

Using the NLite, turn off water to get more friction in your scrub. Also a drop/drag from all directions loosens the dirt

Advertisement