Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Help Getting Water To 000?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Newtothegame

Hi everyone,

I bought all the equipment for water fed pole window cleaning a year ago, I have an Merlin RO installed in my shed that is hooked up to a DI Vessell full of resin. I had to delay starting due to previous employment but im now ready to start. My problem is, everything works fine but the TDS water reading is 013? I don't understand why being as its all brand new and hasn't been used albiet it sitting there for a year. Does anyone have any idea what it could be and how I can get it down to 000? Any help would be great.

Thanks,

David

It might come out higher to start try filling things up the more the water runs through the resin if night start to come down. Other than that maybe the resin has got damp or something with being left, can't see it tho. Mine usually comes out higher when I change my resin and as I fill my tank it comes down to 0

the resin is supposed to stay damp or it will be rendered useless. There is a fault somewhere in your set up it should come out 000 almost immediately

I keep all my spent resin from a smal di canister once goes over 1ppm in plastic bags. Been outside for years getting wet or driying out but recently used some for a little dodger project of mine and to my suprise produced 000 pm pure from rainwater out of a coke bottle filled with spent resin :rolleyes:

Hi everyone,
I bought all the equipment for water fed pole window cleaning a year ago, I have an Merlin RO installed in my shed that is hooked up to a DI Vessell full of resin. I had to delay starting due to previous employment but im now ready to start. My problem is, everything works fine but the TDS water reading is 013? I don't understand why being as its all brand new and hasn't been used albiet it sitting there for a year. Does anyone have any idea what it could be and how I can get it down to 000? Any help would be great.

Thanks,

David
Firstly, tell us what your input tds is?

Merlins aren't very efficient at water purification. It would seem that on average they run at about 90%. So if your tds is 100 at the tap then you will come out with a tds of 10 on the pure. If the pure is then put through the di resin the water will be 'polished' off to zero.

In comparison, our 4040 is working at 98.3% efficiency - 115 in 2 out with a 45/55 pure/waste ratio.

GE were boasting that the very latest membranes are much more efficient, but don't know anything about them. Their advertised price a year ago was much higher than the price of their standard membranes.

Merlins weren't designed for window cleaners. They were designed for under counter kitchen use in the States, so efficiency isn't top priority; producing quantity was/is more important at a reasonable drinking water quality.

i had same problem when i got my system second hand.

i found disconnecting the di then letting the water pass though the ro for about 5 hours clean the membrain right up. reconnected the di and it came out pure.

check water before the di and after to see if resin is ok.

Latest Posts

Back