Wfp Customer Notes

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by scrim it, Nov 17, 2013.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. scrim it

scrim it Active Member

All ready to start wfp this week on my customers. Hopefully a gradual change over.

I think I remembered that there was a template information sheet regarding WFP that someone had put up on here at some stage to give to there customers.

Before I start writing one out I wondered if anyone had a template?

Advertisement
  2. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

Be prepared for a long month :Image9: . All that explaining to do lolz.

3. steve32

steve32 Member

There is mate, its all on here. Introduction to water fed pole letter. I googled it and got linked into here. They are on here somewhere, i got the template and changed a few bits to suit. I wasn't changing over from trad but just introducing newly canvassed customers to it despite if they already knew about it or not. I would give the newly canvassed customer the letter with my business card stapled to it.

4. tench0771

tench0771 Grand Master

i personly wouldent send a leter just turn up an start cleaning a lot of people will b at wrk any way an will just come home to clean windows some people can b funny an cancle b 4 they give in it a try good luck tho wat rute u go down, switching bit by bit will make it easer i think cos u will b nackerd akeing neck sholders an arms lol just take ur time an stick with it u will b glad u did in the end

5. scrim it

scrim it Active Member

Thanks for the replies.

I wasn't going to send a letter, I was just going to hand customers who questioned wfp a 'information sheet'. As you say some of my customers will be at work but a lot are usually in. I was going to probably start by cleaning the customer's houses were no one is in so I can take my time. This week is a quieter week so maybe it's a good time to start wfp. A bit nervous but will see how it goes.

I will put some photos up soon of my caddy van set up and my ro and di etc in my outhouse. Thanks for the replies

6. tench0771

tench0771 Grand Master

sounds good m8 u will soon get the hang of wfp i practised on my own windows an famlys to b 4 i unleached it lol i was nurves at thurst but the trick is to b confadent when they ask bang on about hs an no more holes in there garden frm ladders i clean about 70 percent wfp an trad the rest cos some windows dont like wfp so its easer an quicker to trad them just my view on that tho

7. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

@ scrim it. You won't look back come a couple of months. It is like learning a new job. I'm always looking how to do things quicker. I only sussed one a couple of months ago after wfp it for over a year. There is a house I do and they have a bedroom that you just cannot reach from the ground. I always had to got the ladders off and get on an extension roof. I worked out that I could reach the window from next doors garden while I was cleaning their house. Another thing, I saw a trad cleaner blading georgian windows last week. Just think how much faster you could do it wfp!

8. scrim it

scrim it Active Member

How did you know some of the windows didnt like wfp. Did you wait and see if customers complained or did you check every window that you cleaned when it dried to see if it was completely cleaned.

Thanks again for the advice. I did a first clean on my own windows on Saturday as I hadnt cleaned them since I moved in and they came out great. Hope it wasn't beginners luck.lol

9. mark m

mark m Hero

Explanation letter for change over to wfp .

By Mark Munro on Thursday, 24 October 2008

Hi This is the text of mine and it will fit on an A5 sheet of paper if you use the right sized font. "An Important Note From Your Window Cleaner"We are in the process of switching to a new method of cleaning your upstairs windows. This method will soon be the industry standard for window cleaning at height. As a Business wanting to be at the forefront of our industry, we have decided to invest in this technology which involves the use of telescopic poles and 100% pure water, which we filter through state of the art reverse-osmosis filters and de-ionisation vessels.We are embracing this technology for a number of reasons(1) Health and safety. Legislation being brought into effect will limit the use of ladders as temporary workstations. The law as we understand it, now states that ladders should only be used when all viable alternatives have been considered. As a company, we have decided that water-fed pole systems are a safer viable alternative and are worth the investment. If the job can be completed to the same high standard without standing on a ladder, then we have an obligation to embrace this method. (2) Better cleaning results. Firstly, it cleans the windows and the frames. Second, the major advantage of pure water is its capacity to absorb large amounts of dirt from your windows. This process involves brushing and rinsing your windows clean with pure water and allowing them to dry naturally to a streak free shine. This occurs due to the pure nature of the water used.(3) Environmentally friendly. Pure water only is used, eliminating the need for any detergents and chemicals except where greasy dirt is a problem.(4) Reduced disturbance & Increased privacy. No more dents in your lawn and unexpected appearances of faces at windows. (5) We may now be able to reach previously inaccessible aspects of your property. Conservatory roofs, windows above conservatory’s etc. that we had previously been unable to clean.(6) Water-fed pole cleaning works in the rain! Although we will not work in severe weather, showery misty weather will no longer hinder our work. This will help us to ensure a more regular and professional service to all of our customers.Please note that it can take up to two or three visits for the process to `leach` all deposits from around the frames, resulting in an improved finish each time. Therefore, please be patient if the initial visit is not perfect.Best Regards to all etc. etc.________________________Hope this helps

Mark Munro

10. tench0771

tench0771 Grand Master

i switched my custmers over bit by bit 2 houses a day an i switched in the summer so the windows dryed strate away so i checked them the ones that play up r the ones that have poor rubbers leaching black but some flush out the black an come rite and some dont its trile an erra m8 powdery fraims also play up but u can scrub the hell out of them then rinse heavy to get them to come rite it can b a nte mare at thurst but u will get the hang of it and no wat to look 4. also a good tip is to have a bucket of pure water in the van an swish the brush out after every job keeps every thing nce an clean

Advertisement