Wfp Damaging Wooden Windows?

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by TobySampson, Sep 9, 2013.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. TobySampson

TobySampson Well-Known Member

Hi all,

Haven't been on here for a while as I got addicted and had to stop.

Anyway... Had a customer the other day say that she wants me to start doing it traditional again as her painter decorator said that the windows were rotting from behind the paint due to WFP.

I've tried to find info to show her about it but can't see any. Has anyone else had this problem?

Thanks.

Toby

Advertisement
  2. Eclipse

Eclipse Well-Known Member

Ask her what she does when it's raining! There was a load of rumours that wfp scratched the glass and upvc when I was setting mine up but all unfounded.

3. Smurf

Smurf Banned

The reason why her windows are rotten is that they are old and needs replacing so is nothing to do with wfp. Simples...

Not good when painters talk bull just to gain extra work.

Myself if wooden windows are in bad condition rotten or paint is flaking I don't take the work on.

4. TobySampson

TobySampson Well-Known Member

They look like new... No flaking, rotting etc. don't think I'll be cleaning it for long. Takes an age by hand...

5. Eclipse

Eclipse Well-Known Member

I take them on as I have a contact who gives me 5% if I refer them to him for the painting.

6. RiceRocket

RiceRocket Well-Known Member

If it comes to it try charging extra 40/50% saying really you've moved on from trad cleaning.

7. spruce

spruce Grand Master

My advice to to just move on and don't waste your time with them. They will never be happy. Let them find a traditional cleaner to do the job.

And yes, most of us wfper's have come across this story before, hence the advice.

We have also been accused of filling the gap between the windows with water with that jet-wash, killing the pot plants with our water, and washing the sand out of the gaps between the block paving.

8. Duncs

Duncs Grand Master

i,ve had the same using trad painters telling customers the squeegee is chipping the paint

9. Duncs

Duncs Grand Master

the guys are right you will never plz her drop her and move on

Advertisement