wfp insulation for winter

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by colinvansmith, Dec 3, 2011.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. What would you guys suggest i do for the colder days to keep my wfp equipment freezing in my van over***ht. Where i live i can't get an electricity hook up to my van over***ht, any suggestions as to how i can stop everything freezing!

Advertisement
  2. Ive heard people use a gas heater...dunno how your van insurance company would feel about that though lol.

3. badbusdriver

badbusdriver Guest

I use to use a parrafin greenhouse heater, but it was difficult to set properly so it didnt smoke, also, it made the van stink of parrafin!. With my current van, the way i have it set up, it is relatively simple to remove the hose reel, di bottle and pump. So if it looks like there is going to be a big freeze, i will take them into the house over***ht, not an ideal solution, but it does the job, and just leaves me to thaw out the section of hose going from the tank to the pump. I have seen some very small gas heaters used for camping, but they seem to just be set up for the small gas cartridges, which are not cheap and dont last very long. If i knew you could convert them to run off a small bottle i would certainly be willing to try it, but obviously you would need to work out something regarding ventilation!.

Advertisement