Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

So finally the cat's outta the bag!

I have abseiled once for charity but not for work yet Paul. I do think I may like to but it is quite an investment to get going.
You need some certificates too i think? I like the idea of it but i doubt i would when it comes to it

Nice one! Might see you there at some point. Get off there ever 3 weeks to visit my son. Bloody nightmare of a station at the mo with all the building going on!

A few more pics from Saturday night, grand opening Sunday 7am, they are hopeful :rolleyes:

Night time cleaning on all bar one prior to the big day.

The laborious task of detailing and cleaning the upper balustrade.

This is one of those 'surround' pics from my phone not real good quality but hopefully give you an insight to how the insides are coming along.

Hopefully we will complete this contract on the 27th all being well.

A few more pics from Saturday night, grand opening Sunday 7am, they are hopeful :rolleyes:
Night time cleaning on all bar one prior to the big day.

The laborious task of detailing and cleaning the upper balustrade.

This is one of those 'surround' pics from my phone not real good quality but hopefully give you an insight to how the insides are coming along.

Hopefully we will complete this contract on the 27th all being well.
So any advice for quoting a price on an old hospital conversion to houses

I have worked for the builders before and they want a price to clean everything on this site inside the red lineView attachment 5375

Price it on a good day rate mate, and then add some for the grief your bound to get...

I've never priced anything so big before - was hoping for tips off green but he's fallen out with me so I will have to ask cheap and cheerful
There is only one person on the forums I consider I have fallen out with as they persist on acting as a child however that is not you Tax.

I am assuming that the property in the boundaries is awaiting demolition.

I would start by finding out how many houses they plan to put on the site, exactly what they expect you to clean: is it just the externals, is it internals and externals, just the houses or are you responsible for the surrounding grounds and communal areas such as the roads and pavements etc?

Builders cleans are pure $hite, but good earners. If you are responsible for the lot then hire in some casual labor to deal with the general cleaning. If just the windows then your previous experience should let you know how long your going to take per house for a proper builders clean.

Some new houses I have done have taken a full day of stripping crud off the glass.

The following is your answer: number of days x staff required x day rate per staff member = answer.

Add on at least a week more than you calculate to allow for unseen delays, however be fair to your contact and if you are finished quicker then be honest and don't over bill.

Good luck with it.

There is only one person on the forums I consider I have fallen out with as they persist on acting as a child however that is not you Tax.
I am assuming that the property in the boundaries is awaiting demolition.

I would start by finding out how many houses they plan to put on the site, exactly what they expect you to clean: is it just the externals, is it internals and externals, just the houses or are you responsible for the surrounding grounds and communal areas such as the roads and pavements etc?

Builders cleans are pure $hite, but good earners. If you are responsible for the lot then hire in some casual labor to deal with the general cleaning. If just the windows then your previous experience should let you know how long your going to take per house for a proper builders clean.

Some new houses I have done have taken a full day of stripping crud off the glass.

The following is your answer: number of days x staff required x day rate per staff member = answer.

Add on at least a week more than you calculate to allow for unseen delays, however be fair to your contact and if you are finished quicker then be honest and don't over bill.

Good luck with it.
Good advice thanks

If Only can make this worthwhile if I make a lump profit on top of my wage - otherwise I may as well stick to my round and give it a miss. Is there anything I need to do regarding insurance / tax etc ?

Only thing regarding tax is make sure you pay right amount. Ask accountant. If you don't have one they all give a free 30 minute consultation.

As for insurance I would recommend Gleaming as they do offer the only truly comprehensive policy I know of.

The smurf recommended gleaming to me and i have never found anyone who can match the cover or even get anywhere near what they cover you for

Well it has all been concluded, we wrapped up at 9am Thursday morning an hour prior to the grand opening.

It has been an experience of highs and lows and a massive learning curve, there are many things I would do different if starting again. Whilst I will not write a comprehensive list the main thing is that I would insist on having more say as to the techniques and tools used to do the job. For example we were not permitted any A-frames or steps on the site which made our jobs rather awkward.

Well here is the center two hours prior to opening, and I am in no hurry to see the premises again. /emoticons/smile.png

It's been a tough one to keep the lid on this one so now the job has commenced it's nice to be able to share with you all a couple of pictures from Green Window Cleaners latest project, I will update this a few times a week with extra pictures as we get further into the job but for now here is a sneak peek into the New Street railway terminus and shopping mall in Birmingham, costing £750 million and currently one of the largest multi skills projects in the world.
And yes we are responsible for builders cleaning all the retail glazing as well as balustrades escalators, doors, etc. Going to be a busy couple of months. Hope you enjoy the pictures. /emoticons/smile.png

May not look like much glass but in all those dark recessed areas you will find hundreds of retail units and walls and walls of glass balustrades under all that plastic. Gonna need my sticky label scraper. /emoticons/smile.png)
Well done green hard work pays off mate [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back