Wfp Is Killing Me

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by harunh, May 2, 2013.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. harunh

harunh Legend

ive always been okay but this morning i woke up with these problems:

1. bad left arm.... hurts when i twist it etc
    2. bad back.... move your right arm.... now u know the back bone its connected to it hurts their very badly i
    3. my middle finger on my hand when i bend it it hurts and it feels like its half broken... when am sleeping andi bend it it hurts alot but when im awake duting the day it just hurts a bit

i feel jaded been working from 8-7 mon-thurs which is new to me

Advertisement
  2. HotWash Window Cleaners

What pole you using?

3. OoO

OoO Guest

He uses an smax 40

H won't listen to changing it.

4. harunh

harunh Legend

ill be oryt tomorrow :p

5. spruce

spruce Grand Master

He sold his lighter one.

I can't use my slx40 all day - if fact I swop over to my slx22 as soon as it will reach on the same job.

6. OoO

OoO Guest

I use an extreme 30 on 2nd story. As soon as its not needed. I swap to an extreme 18.

7. spruce

spruce Grand Master

Makes total sense to me. Infact, I am thinking of adding an 18 extreme as the everyday pole, SLX 22 for those windows over conservatories and the SLX40 for the high stuff (hardly used.)

8. HotWash Window Cleaners

Different poles make the difference between life and death. No point using extra weight all day.
    Maybe try removing sections from it and put them back on when needed.
    All the gardiner poles are able to do this, acetone will get base cap loose, buy a base cap for shorter section and hybridise your smax. I've just added an extreme 30 ext to my clx 22. Lovely jubbly.
    Rsi is a serious problem so worth working smart not hard. Why make it difficult for yourself? When you can choose what you use as you are the boss, why kill yourself?

9. OoO

OoO Guest

One chap switches to an clx 10 for bottoms. Don't know about that really.

10. Extremecleansussex

Extremecleansussex Active Member

I have an Ionics 36ft carbon pole, Brodex 25ft, 18ft and 8ft aluminium poles. I always use use the shortest pole possible for any job (mainly 18ft).

If I'm doing a job that needs the 36ft pole I'll only use it for the windows I have to and then switch to a smaller pole. With the others I'll do the whole house with the same pole as there's no point changing half way through.

I see no point in making the work harder than it has to be and find having a selection of poles works best for me.

Advertisement