Wfp? No Thanks!

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by Pegasus, Jun 26, 2013.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Pegasus

Pegasus Well-Known Member

Used backpack for first exposure to wfp for last 2 months. Generally very good results and only one complaint on results but now happy enough. Then today get thanks but no thanks from 3 customers.
    1. Doesn't like all excess water.
    2. Wants me to squeegee water off - she is 90!
    3. Decorater husband doesn't like brush potentially damaging paintwork.

Told them still have ladders but all poor excuses to say no to wfp.

How do others deal with wfp rejection?

Advertisement
  2. All Round Cleaning

All Round Cleaning Grand Master

Dump and replace lol simple .
    Why trad a house when you could wfp 2 houses in the same time ???

3. bluemonkey

bluemonkey Guru

say ok, no probs and walk away, if they want you to squeegee off then this is different, but if some one wants trad, just say don't do it H and S, wont allow it

4. Posh

Posh Hero

I still don't understand why people do not want to trad. What is the problem with it. You must have so much work to be able to just dump & carry on. As for H & S won't allow it??? I'd rather get on me ladders & earn £30-40 then just not do em just coz I won't climb a ladder. Just my opinion.

5. bluemonkey

bluemonkey Guru

H and S wont allow it, the law states that the safest method must be used, if you have a accident on a custys property you will get done and so will they for allowing you to work with ladders, unless there is no other safer alternative

6. Posh

Posh Hero

So how come we all still use ladders & no one say owt. There's 100s of traders out there?
    Why is there saftey equipment for ladders out there?
    What your saying then is every window cleaner should be wfp?

He's gonna look silly telling people your not aloud to use ladders no more & then she/he walks down the road & sees 2-3 windows cleaning on ladders.

7. bluemonkey

bluemonkey Guru

because there is a very small percentage of accidents compare to ladder use, and a even smaller amount of these are fatal, I didn't say they would all I said is what the law states, there was a court case that went to court over a builder a few years ago, a worker fell off a ladder, so sued the house owner and employer, all where found guilt of breaking h and s, each 33%, worker for using the ladder, employer for not supplying scaffolding, and the home owner for allowing them to work on there property with ladders

8. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

I think I've only got 2 that said no to wfp from the start. I couldn't convince them at all (both old and set in their ways). I trad them both £15 and £25 per month. Any new jobs are wfp apart from one who insisted on trad which I don't mind.

I personally prefer wfp, but if people want trad then give them trad if it suites you.

If the three jobs are worth keeping, offer trad again. Money is money, I don't understand this dumping syndrome myself.

9. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Oh dear not another one that thinks the use of ladders are banned. :Image16:

Now read this bluemonkey as might help with any confusion you may have regarding window cleaners using ladders http://www.hse.gov.uk/pubns/misc613.pdf

Advertisement