WFP on leaded windows

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by chris70, Nov 2, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. chris70

chris70 Member

just wondering what wfp is like on leaded windows been asked to do one but ain't used it on any yet does it work or does all the dirt from the led leave glass dirty
    cheers

Advertisement
  2. Barney

Barney Well-Known Member

Hi chris70. I do a few leaded windows and i have found no problems with cleaning them WFP. In fact I think the results can be better than trad, but they are definitely quicker to clean with WFP. I have used several types of brushes on them and most seem to do a good job.
    Just be careful if they are old stick on leaded windows, as the brush can lift the lead off the glass. (Not a fault of WFP but just old lead that the adhesive has perished).
    Just rinse really well from the top down and you shouldn't have any problems.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  3. Posh

Posh Hero

Ones I do are fine

4. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

Tuffers top tip for cleaning leaded glass; try and use the top bristles when you scrub the glass (have the brush sort of pointing down) and not have the brush flat on the glass. This way you are gentler on the lead. Give it a thorough rinse if they are really dirty as some will leech dirt and leave a cloudy effect on the glass.

5. Barney

Barney Well-Known Member

One of my cutomers who has leaded windows had a few pains replaced, with new lead fitted. What a nightmare. The new lead leaches and dries terrible. Until it matures and weathers I have to go over 3 new pains with scrim.

6. chris70

chris70 Member

cheers mate

7. chris70

chris70 Member

cheers mate

8. chris70

chris70 Member

sounds a pain that

9. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

I use a flocked soft brush on lead and it is 100% fine
    Just clean like any other window

10. tench0771

tench0771 Grand Master

a flocked brush is best or the tecbuk black most r fine with wfp but u can get the odd one that plays up i have 1 job in town thats cleaned every 2 weeks but it allways spots a litt;e bit but its still miles beta than a scrim job

Advertisement