Wfp Prices !

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by All Round Cleaning, Oct 1, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. All Round Cleaning

All Round Cleaning Grand Master

Went canvassing tonight and was speaking to a lady in her 70's at least who was on her doorstep chatting away .
    She said oh I already have a window cleaner he uses that pole with the special stuff he buys .
    I said oh you mean water !!!! She goes oh is it water I say yes it's water lol .

I then go on to ask what he charges??? It's a 3 bed mid terrace with porch and leaded windows
    She comes back with £4.00 !!!

I'm like jeez how the hell can you do a house wfp for £4 yet a few doors away I just puck up your neighbour 3 bed semi 2 windows more for £10 . I didn't tell he the last bit .

But how the hell can anyone run a business especially wfp on £4 per house ????

Advertisement
  2. Paul

Paul Guest

They try get every house in that area and kid themselfs that they are making good money there's windys like that here

3. Smurf

Smurf Banned

If it was just the front the guy does for £4 is not so bad I guess in some areas of the country.

Some around here charge just £5 for a whole house. Go figure :huh:

4. M.K Cleaners.co.uk

M.K Cleaners.co.uk Grand Master

Hmm he may do what I have done and still do some times. If I got in to a new estate Ill price the first 2-4 cheap. Just so I can get my foot in the door. That way people see you when you cleaning windows/collecting. All the new costumers go on to the normal price. It does work, well for me tbut it does leave you with a few under prices houses, You can easily change that when you pick up more in the street

5. All Round Cleaning

Maybe Marc but what's the point you only end up resenting the jobs when you try to put the prices up and they are not willing to pay more.

I price up to keep the jobs at a good rate and wont need to up the prices for a good while .
    I would much rather do it this way .

6. koopmaster

koopmaster Guru

I do the same as all round c, I keep the price the same so a few months down the line you dont feel like your working for nothing. plus the customer can sometimes get a few months cleans and drop you ...

also they talk to each other more than you think... if one finds out they are cheaper then you could potentially loose the more expensive customer

7. Smurf

Smurf Banned

While door knocking has anyone offered the first clean free?

8. All Round Cleaning

Hell no , why on earth would you do that ???

If they want a window cleaner they will oay regardless
    If they dont they wont have you do them end of .

9. bluemonkey

bluemonkey Guru

so what, he charges £4, and you get £10, there is wc around here like that, i know one who charges £2 for a house, nice fella, in his 50s part retired, as long as he earns £100 a day hes happy,

10. Smurf

Smurf Banned

I'm over 50 and semi-retired but still would not charge as little as £2 a house and try do fifty houses a day. Sounds raving bonkers to me or more than likely telling pork pies. [font="Arial""] [/font] :D

Do you tell other local window cleaners how much you charge?[font="Arial""][/font]

I prefer to work smarter not harder in my twilight years ;)[font="Arial""]
    [/font]

[font="Arial""][/font]

Advertisement