Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Problem With My Gearbox Help

WCF

Help Support WCF:

harunh

when i drive and when i put it in 4th gear... it crunches....

only happens when i put it in 4th gear

i got a peugeot partner 2006 1.9 600

what will the problem be ? thanks

Well firstly its due a service.

at 50k i would recomend: fuel filter, Glow Plugs, air filter, oil filter, engine oil, gearbox oil.

Now have u been riding the clutch or poping it or out of gear without pushing the clutch down?

should i take it in for a servcice then

and no i dont pop the gear without putting the clutch down lol

New gearbox i think h i had that happen to me it crunched when i put it in 5th gear all the time

ok, take it for a service (make sure you ask for gearbox oil and everythin i mentioned above)

if the oil change doesnt fix it, then its likley you have stretched the cables from the gear stick to the gear box (provided the clutch hasnt been abused), you can ask the garage to adjust this while they service it, should be easy enough if yours are adjustable.

New gearbox i think h i had that happen to me it crunched when i put it in 5th gear all the time
you should never need a new box at 50k unless its been seriously abused. likeley something more simple.

New oil isn't going to cure the problem. It could be the cables as mentioned above or it could be a gear selector problem.

Does it eventually go into gear or does it only crunch and not go into gear? I mean can you drive it in fourth gear?

New oil isn't going to cure the problem. It could be the cables as mentioned above or it could be a gear selector problem.
Does it eventually go into gear or does it only crunch and not go into gear? I mean can you drive it in fourth gear?
You'll be amazed what gearbox oil can do, at 50k its Gona be dirty and CAN cause gear selection issues.

I'm saying change the oil as its over due and the service is due about now.

Back