Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Problem With My Gearbox Help

WCF

Help Support WCF:

It's still fcuked /emoticons/biggrin.png

Well that's my opinion anyways as I’m not a qualified spanner monkey

So far we have had:

Change the oil

Adjust the clutch

Replace the glow plugs

etc etc etc

Just take it to a garage to let them look at it then they can tell you if it's fcuked or not. Simples...
/emoticons/wink.png

I said its due a service so should get all those things done regardless, and if the problem is still there then it could be either gear linkage cables or clutch needs bleeding.

Take it to a garage and they will go for whatever is most expensive, probably a new dual mass flywheel and clucth which it won't need.

It's a problem with the frigging gearbox so why on earth would they do that cns? would it fix the problem NO /emoticons/biggrin.png

The clutch is part of gearbox, so yes they would point to it.

As I Said before at 50k its not likely to be the gearbox and even less likely to be the clucth. But garage want money. And hanging te clucth could fix it because they will have to bleed the clucth, which could be the issue.

The thing with a garage is they will tell you it could be this Orr it could be that ( like what in doing) except they start with the more expensive stuff where as I'm starting with cheaper and more likely stuff, without seeing the vehicle I cannot confirm which one it is, but I bet its a cheap fix if the van has not be ragged.

I have a background in mechanics and am try trying to offer H some advice mate.

Stop trying to nit pick on very post I make, it's starting to get pathetic and childish

hey thanks for the help lol

but it does go in to 4th gear....... and it only crunches when it goes in to 4th gear...

it drives normal.... i dont think its the clutch i think oil would do the trick /emoticons/smile.png/emoticons/tongue.png as its been 7000-8000 miles since last service

so taking it for serive on thursday /emoticons/smile.png

Make sure you specify gearbox oil mate /emoticons/smile.png

If it was a cable, then I'd expect it to be hard to get into other gears aswell.

There is a small chance that the 4th cog has been damaged which is why it's only bad in 4 th but fingers crossed its just the oil /emoticons/smile.png

Make sure you specify gearbox oil mate /emoticons/smile.png

If it was a cable, then I'd expect it to be hard to get into other gears aswell.

There is a small chance that the 4th cog has been damaged which is why it's only bad in 4 th but fingers crossed its just the oil /emoticons/smile.png

Back