Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Split relay kits

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I need a new split relay in the van so was wondering if the ready made heavy duty kits from Simply split relay.co.uk are ok? 

Anyone use any of their kits and do they work ok? Thought/opinions are most welcome. Also are these kits easy to fit and can the relay part with the led be installed in the van so you can see when it is on/off? 

Thanks 

I need a new split relay in the van so was wondering if the ready made heavy duty kits from Simply split relay.co.uk are ok? 

Anyone use any of their kits and do they work ok? Thought/opinions are most welcome. Also are these kits easy to fit and can the relay part with the led be installed in the van so you can see when it is on/off? 

Thanks 
Yes, Ive got one of theirs in my 04 plate Citroen Relay.

The one I ordered had the terminals already attached to the cable.

Here's an example

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/5m-Ready-Made-Durite-Split-Charge-Relay-Kit-12v-140-AMP-110-AMP-Wire-T5-Camper-/172752303798?hash=item2838d6f6b6:g:A7wAAOSwDk5T7PCu

Mine didn't have the Durite vsr but rather had the Altec M/power unit. They are both the same.

The Durite and my M/Power are both bi-directional. This means that if you put a charger onto your leisure battery when its still in place and connected up, your van battery will get topped up as well.

If you order please remember that the positive cable length includes the first section from the starter battery to the fuse, The second length is the long length from the fuse to the relay and the third is the final section from the relay to the leisure battery. If you measure the cable line with some string you need to measure it from the starter battery via the place you will mount your relay, then from the relay to the leisure battery. If you don't you will not have enough cable.

Again, if you have a new van with regenerative braking, then you need a battery to battery charger as a split charge relay won't work.

You want this;

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Sterling-Power-BB1230-B2B-Charging-kit-with-red-70amp-10mm2-leads-VW-T6-/252617306662?var=&hash=item3ad12a3226:m:m7QPLGCqdQMI17sgvsOcWDw

Last edited by a moderator:
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Back