WFP startup

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by koopmaster, Feb 5, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. koopmaster

koopmaster Guru

Hello All, I have just started trad about a month ago and only work weekends, (till i have engough customers)

I want to move over to a backpack WFP system for the top to increase my speed cleaning a house (remember all my houses are first cleans)

I have been getting 5 customers a week and want to get a RO system.

I have my eyes set on a 100GPD RO system with DI and booster since I am in south london and I know the water here is super hard....

Before anyone says so I just bought a TDS meter and am waiting for it to be delivered.

Next I will need is a bacpack (will get a trolley or something for it) but dont know yet and then comes the pole (not sure which one and brush)

Also the jets - what do I go for?

any input from the experienced would help me and those in the future ;)

thanks

Matt
    Matt

Advertisement
  2. James

James Guru

Backpack ----> http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/180810268903?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649#ht_500wt_1156

£140 (inc vat) brand new, and look what it's at now, very good price.

Depends on what pole you get, some are fitted with fan jets / or pencil. If you buy the pole brand new you can ask them to put the jets in for a small extra price (normally around £5-£8). If your buying the pole second hand just make sure the jets are already fitted.

James.

3. Hey,

Im going to be brutally honest with you Koopmaster......WFP for tops is a fools game...ive been there and done it!!

Its quicker all off a ladder OR all WFP....i tried half and half and i was taking twice as long as you end up getting 2 lots of kit and and loads of faffing around!

Just so you know before you invest :)

4. windyman

windyman Well-Known Member

Couldn't disagree more. Depends what your work is like. I WFP all the house for some of my work. BUT some of it is quicker to WFP tops and trad bottoms. No way is it ever quicker to trad it all than to WFP tops & trad bottoms. I do 6 tops WFP, swap to trad equipment (takes 30 secs) then trad bottoms.

It's impossible to say something is a fools game, everyones work is different. What suits one doesn't work for another!

5. James

James Guru

I just stick to WFP. Can't be bothered with the hastle of ladders. But as you say, everyone's different I guess.

James.

Advertisement