WFP streaks?

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by TolishAPurd, Apr 10, 2014.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. TolishAPurd

Alright fellas. I'm picking up a lot of work around here and I think its mostly from the same windy. The quality of his work is embarassing tbh. I just saw one of his jobs and the frames and sills were covered in old cobwebs- he'ed only been 2 weeks ago, and the customer said she can barely see out of them sometimes. Another customer of his also said that she had lots of streaks. I've seen him working and from the outside of his van it looks like a good setup with a big Gardiner pole, trailing hose etc. So whats he getting wrong? I don't know a lot about the WFP systems, but it would be nice to have an idea so I can explain when people come complaining.

Advertisement
  2. cheapncheerful

there are those who think they can cut corners and use tap water....:gush:

3. TolishAPurd

Yeah ,I've heard people saying about that on here. I think this guys been in the game for a while though, hes got a fair bit of work around here, and a signwritten van, so hes no weekend warrior as far as I can see.

4. tench0771

tench0771 Grand Master

sounds like he is not rinsing anouth if windows r filfy they often need dubble rinsing also could b the vents i saw a wc pole guy in my town i thault he was a gud wc but saw a top window he cleaned an i was shocked fraims wernt cleaned an there was a masseve streak on the bottom opener frm the vent not good an people like that give wfp a bad name

5. Midlands_Cleaners

Midlands_Cleaners Active Member

sounds like hes got all the gear but no idea . . . . on a serious note i reckon some people think that the water is magic and they spray a bit on the windows and frames and its job done when it aint that simple

6. cheapncheerful

yeh tench0771 them vents are very dodgy there be plenty muck in them....:)

7. TolishAPurd

Thats what amazed me- I could forgive the upstairs ones not being perfect, but the windows I was looking at were the ground level ones! I've got a feeling I'm going to have a very chuffed customer by the time I'm done. Its sad really as I've done a lot of work for this lady in the past and shes like the model customer. Always chatty, plenty of tea, pays quick etc. He was charging her smurf prices too and still not doing a good job. I'll be charging the same, but at least they'll be gleaming. :D

8. TolishAPurd

Could be mate. Its always the few that ruin it for the many. Like I said above, he was charging a good rate for it so its not like he was doing a rush job because he had to make up time.

9. tench0771

tench0771 Grand Master

10. TolishAPurd

Good vid. I'm pretty sure this guys not doing any of that tench. He's fallen at the first hurdle by not touching the frames.

Advertisement