WFP System users - how do you get winter water?

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by Ken, Sep 12, 2011.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Ken

Ken Guest

I fill up my water from the house, with an outside tap, and this year I will have to turn the outside tap off to stop pipes bursting, how does everyone else get round this matter?

Advertisement
  2. kars

kars Guest

can u not just hook up some thing from ur kitchen for the winter months?? sorry if that sounds daft but not gone wfp yet

3. fire hydrant key and stand pipe maybe/

col

4. Gav

Gav Grand Master
    Administrator

You say this year you will have to turn off so I presume you used It last year. Did it burst last year? I have a tap in garage so although cold not as cold as beaing outside will see how I go. Really need to sort out insulation for tank and van though.

5. kars

kars Guest

Are u allowed to do that?? if so how do u go about it?

6. Gav

Gav Grand Master
    Administrator

Think you need to pay some license or something for that.

7. SafeReach

SafeReach Guest

Hi chaps.
    I have just set up my own LPG boiler in my van. I tried it inline with my wfp system, pure water pumped through the boiler then throughout hose to pole. Didn't work very well as the water volume through the boiler wasn't enought to keep the auto lighter lite. So then just pumped 25lt of pure water through boiler into another 25lt barrel. The result was a very hot plastic barrel of water. too hot really a bit wobbly. Worked well on a first clean I did. And when it gets colder I'll use it to keep my equipment working. Anyone else use hot pure water through a gas boiler?
    Cheers

8. A parraffin or electric green house heater should do the job with the parafin one it will run for three days solid on one fill they cost around £30

9. Gav

Gav Grand Master
    Administrator

Do you leave it run over ***ht? Not sure if I would trust leaving parafin burning over ***ht.

10. Sienna_Brown

Sienna_Brown Guest

Do you have an idea how much this license costs, because I cannot find any info in the web?

Advertisement