Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Warning.. Windows 10.. don't do it!!

WCF

Help Support WCF:

♠Winp®oClean♠

Just had a nightmare. Upgraded from Win 7 to Win 10 via free upgrade. Almost lost everything, couldn't access most apps, or even settings. Also couldn't revert back to Win 7 like they say you can. MS support is the worst I have ever encounted, in the end had to pay a local tech to recover the laptop via original recovery discs. He told me he has had loads to do in the last two weeks for the very same reason. Upgrade at your peril !!!!

Just to show the other side of the story upgraded about 2-3 weeks ago and couldnt be happier so far system is a bit faster than 7 and also looks fresher and more modern. No problems whatsoever

sorry you suffered winp

im okay thanks for the warning as apparently my equipment is too old to upgrade.../emoticons/biggrin.png

got a load of stuff that worked fine on xp but cant work on 7 think they do it on purpose..

I've been using windows 10 for a month & love it - its faster & smoother and everything worked perfectly for me after the upgrade...

ha well I just clicked on the windows 10 box and it says I can have it now....at first it said my screen wasnt good enough but now looking forward to it....but...

thanks for the warning winp before I press go....its back up time../emoticons/biggrin.png

Been using windows 8 for nearly 2 years now, everyone hates it, but I like it. I don't want to upgrade to windows 10 as I don't want the task bar back haha. I know I'm a rare specimen /emoticons/wink.png But what I really want to know is 'What the hell happened to windows 9?' :confused:

I upgraded but never use the new gizmos. I just use the old way of getting to folders n documents etc which are on my taskbar.

i love win 7 best one since their well done Xp sp2, a bit nerveous about upgrading to the new 10

Ill have to have a look at 10, if its owt like 8 forget it, tried that for a few weeks and drove me crazy, happy with 7.

edit: didnt realise it was free! now im interested, im guessing george and a lot of apps wont be supported yet though

No problems at all installing. Didn't have to do anything. Really smooth and user friendly. Couldn't be happier with it.

The only person I know who had any problems was my Bro, but he's running 3 hard drives in his pc. So it muddled things up a bit. But if you that far into computing you can sort it. I'm pretty hopeless so was very happy with such a straight forward update.

Installed seamless from 8.1 with not one issue and I like it, hated 8.1 for a few reasons but think I prefer 10 to 7 and never thought I'd say that out loud. Oh wait I didn't lol.

And yeah if George etc ran on 7 & 8 it should run on 10, I have it but not had time to try it but I can't see it not working as the basic engine is the same.

Back