Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Barrier Cream?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

To be honest we all might think of barrier creams as a bit of a joke but some might find it beneficial especially to help protect from skin complaints like contact dermatitis etc.

Credit: DR P. MARAZZI/SCIENCE PHOTO LIBRARY

Caption: Contact dermatitis. Hand of a 70 year old man affected by contact dermatitis from a rubber glove. The skin is flaky and itchy, and the upper layers are peeling away. Contact dermatitis is a type of eczema caused either by a toxic reaction to a particular substance or by an allergic reaction. Certain compounds such as detergents, nickel, plastics and cosmetics are known to cause such skin reactions. The type of rash varies according to the substance causing it. The best treatment is avoidance of the causative substance, but soothing creams or corticosteroid drugs may be of benefit in controlling the symptoms. http://www.sciencephoto.com/media/255985/view

Protection is better than cure so they say :rolleyes:

That's a bad case Smurf but is exactly what happens to my fingers fron time to time and is the reason I had to change from trad. Gloves don't help either as you sweat in the gloves and makes it things bad. /emoticons/sad.png

Sorry to hear that Martyn but at least you managed to find a better solution for your skin problem at the same time found a safer way of working too

You must have been one of the very first to go wfp back in 2002. Doesn't time fly?

Yep, certainly one of the first here, the first two guys have both got big multi van businesses these days. I'm afraid to say that I have not been that driven.

Back