Wfp trolley system mix n match

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by RealKidJoker, Feb 13, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. RealKidJoker

RealKidJoker Active Member

Hopefully can pick a few brains on here.

After getting a heads up that my license has been approved, I'm looking to get a trolley system ASAP so that I'm used to it and ready to go when the License actually comes through.

I've been looking at the pure freedom 50 litre complete trolley system but am thinking that the brush etc won't be the best, add that to the fact that I'd only be making pure water from a DI only, I'd have no need for the RO system that would come as part of the package.

What I'm thinking of doing is getting the pure freedom trolley on it's own, a 25 litre DI vessel with resin and a Gardner SLX25 pole. All this works out at about the same as the whole package.

My main question is will the Gardner pole/brush connect to the trolley system easily enough or will I have to buy additional fittings? I'm a bit whooshed on the Gardner site when it's asking what type of fittings I'd like etc. :ninja::whistle:

Advertisement
  2. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Sounds like a plan.

DI tank - Myself I would buy two good used 11ltr di tanks from fleebay instead of one really heavy 25ltr di tank that is awkward to refill due to its weight and size when full. Not only that will save you di resin as using twin di method you can swap them around when needed when one need refilling to make the resin last longer.

Purefreedom trolley - just check it comes with a standard hozeloc fitting as I will explain the reasoning below.

Gardiner Poles - Whichever pole you get just ask for a standard hozleloc fitting would be easiest for now so will fit the trolley. Also can use the pole without added an extra adapter fitting each time when you want to use the pole from as standard garden hose reel connected to an outside tap. This method is ideal when you don't want to waste pure on plastics etc.

Hose reel - Just use a standard chepo garden hose reel for now that can be used from an outside tap or the trolley. Later on if you want to use a proper wfp reel and the trolley static in the van you can then worry about using easy snap or rectus fitting and adapter for an outside tap but to be honest I never bothered myself.

As you don’t need an ro you could mount the two 11ltr di tanks on a separate trolley and produce pure on site connected to an outside tap too if you wanted. The pressure coming through should be more than adequate to wash stuff down without the need for the pf trolley. The slower the water is set at the more chance for the di resin has to work.

I don't think it will take you long to figure out using a trolley can be a pain in the **** but is a good way to get into wfp work and that trolley can be used static in a van when the time comes.

3. Smurf

Smurf Banned

I've just reread your post I use a 25 ltr trolley not 50 so will be even harder work as is alot heaver to lug about

4. RealKidJoker

RealKidJoker Active Member

5. Smurf

Smurf Banned

6. Smurf

Smurf Banned

The pf trolley when I bought mine came with a standard hozeloc fitting on the very sort outlet pipe fitted to the trolley. Your pole from gardiners you will have to order the type of pole hose you want and the type of connector when ordering

7. Smurf

Smurf Banned

I have to go out and do a bit now so catch you later

Advertisement