Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Met my match, any ideas?

Incheck

Screwfix no nonsense degreaser used neat, magic sponges, cream cleaner, and this sill is still orange. The rest of the sills and door came up good but not this one. Any last resort ideas before i accept it needs replacing?

790df7f7235a848651bcdfffe3285c45.jpg
92c0934c999b0d3c6e10f121d9e38d8e.jpg

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Try a bit of thick bleach mixed with water and a dash of fairy etc

About 1 part bleach to 3 parts water

Will be a weak mix but should shift it if it is organic

Spray it on and leave for 5 minutes then have a look

Don't make it too strong and mix well so you don't stain the upvc but if you did at that strength it would fade again within minutes

To be honest mate...i’ve got no idea what it is...whether its organic or not i don’t know lol

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

A few years ago some windows and plastic products were produced that weren’t made properly and they went a red pinky colour this was a manufacturing fault nothing can be done with it the company’s concerned tried fobbing off customers by paining the window frames , I have several customers that are like this might be wrong but that’s what this looks like to me 

Screwfix no nonsense degreaser used neat, magic sponges, cream cleaner, and this sill is still orange. The rest of the sills and door came up good but not this one. Any last resort ideas before i accept it needs replacing?

790df7f7235a848651bcdfffe3285c45.jpg
92c0934c999b0d3c6e10f121d9e38d8e.jpg

We had sills this colour and they have been stained by red brick residue.

But this is interesting. It looks to me that just the top surface is effected. The front side of the sill doesn't appear to show much in the way of staining. I could be wrong though as the photo isn't that clear.

IMO if the front side isn't stained, then the problem could be UV related.

If you have tried reasonable means to clean it and failed, then don't concern yourself any longer with it. I'm inclined to be thinking the same as @Pjj

We had sills this colour and they have been stained by red brick residue.

But this is interesting. It looks to me that just the top surface is effected. The front side of the sill doesn't appear to show much in the way of staining. I could be wrong though as the photo isn't that clear.

IMO if the front side isn't stained, then the problem could be UV related.

If you have tried reasonable means to clean it and failed, then don't concern yourself any longer with it. I'm inclined to be thinking the same as @Pjj

There was an issue with not enough of a certain pigment being added to the plastic mix there was a big thing about it a few years ago lots of people were affected throughout the country. Some windows were replaced some were painted and some still exist not having anything done to them it was uv related this photo does look like some I have seen on customers houses if I remember I will take some pictures when I do them next 

There was an issue with not enough of a certain pigment being added to the plastic mix there was a big thing about it a few years ago lots of people were affected throughout the country. Some windows were replaced some were painted and some still exist not having anything done to them it was uv related this photo does look like some I have seen on customers houses if I remember I will take some pictures when I do them next 
They were fitted some time ago, the bloke who fitted the windows did all the flats in our part of the street but unfortunately the poor bloke fell off scaffolding while working on his own house two doors up & passed away. So he’s not around for me to ask when they were fitted. Long before my mrs moved here i guess

The window does seem to come from that era. Its old anyway as the window has also blown.

The window does seem to come from that era. Its old anyway as the window has also blown.
Yeah they’re all blown & a giant crack in one of them, im waiting for it to fall out, my mrs rents it and the landlord lives a mission away & isnt really responsive, not easy to get hold of (usually abroad) & isnt really concerned about maintaining the place. had a new boiler and re-wire to be fair to her, but other than that i think its been decades since anything else was seen to

Had this problem before. If it's the same as I had used pvc solvent first then rinsed and dried with pure then used pvc cream cleaner with a drop of turtlewax polish in it and it buffed up like new.
Hope this helps pal

Sent using the http://Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Had this problem before. If it's the same as I had used pvc solvent first then rinsed and dried with pure then used pvc cream cleaner with a drop of turtlewax polish in it and it buffed up like new.
Hope this helps pal

Sent using the http://Window Cleaning Forums mobile app
Thats not a bad shout actually, its made me think of t-cut...the stuff i used to buff up our van when i scraped it against a wooden gate post some time ago. Wouldnt be surprised if that sorts it out its bloody awesome stuff. All of you have been proper helpful. Its my mrs flat so kind of use it as a testing ground

Aye, i’ll have a crack over the next few weeks, i’ll try all your suggestions until something works. Weathers looking a bit skew wiff for next week so if there’s an excessively windy day that writes us off i’ll get back on it!

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it. Advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website.

Our website also relies on advertising to keep the doors open and the lights on!

For the best site experience, please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock