Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

wfp v ladders

WCF

Help Support WCF:

simon

talking to the lad who started me off w/cleaning the other day & he does a care home in town & after they had an accident in the kitchen h&s moved in & did an assesment of the whole place the upshot was he was told he could no longer clean it from ladders so fatboy here swooped in & its sooo easy with my clx 27 just spent last 3 days trying to write a letter with quote & risk etc such a headache but just finished so gonna take it in tomoz. if i get it it'll be my 1st proper contract & i'm pretty confidant cos i've priced the 1st clean well but ive only gone £55 more than matey was doing it for the maintenance cleans, cos i'll be so much quicker

but i suppose this must be happening more & more so its summat to look out for eh

summat /emoticons/biggrin.png

You've got to be from Scotland, I am near Glasgow myself, best try not to use slang, most won't understand you, you'll get better responses if people can understand the post.

I generally include a written quote, 2 reference letters from current commercials, a copy of our insurance schedule, photocopies of our licences, a health and safety assessment, and our welcome letter.

I am ladders mind you /emoticons/wink.png

Very pleased for you Simon, it's a shame everything is going towards health and safety these days /emoticons/unsure.png

I hope you get it!

James.

lol laddergarder no i'm from the lake district, but my ex is from dalry in ayrshire & i've lived in irvine & kilwinning ,where my kids still live & worked kilmarnock & newton mearns so i maybe use slang i've picked up, but our slang is quite similar, but you've given me some good ideas ,cheers.

what do you put in your welcome letter ?

simon

Intro Paragraph

Asking the reader to please read as the doc covers important information. More info available on our website etc.

Avoiding Hazards

Just a section on customers keeping a safe distance, including pets and children while we are working. As well as leaving ample room around the property for us to work. Keeping windows closed and locked etc

Payment Methods

Instructions for paying online, setting up bank transfers, sending cheques etc.

FAQs Section

Usual stuff, answers for; What do you do when it rains? Do you close down for the winter? How to report work that you are not happy with?

Policies and Procedures

Cancelling bookings, Outstanding Payments Policy, Privacy Policy, Abusive or Threatening behaviour, Health and Safety Assessments, Dealing with complaints.

hell thats great - makes me feel like im still in the ladder on a push bike brigade

how much does your web site cost a month

thats good , i cant decide if one would be worth it in my area, but for that price ... well the cheapest bottom flat i've got is £4 & she's always asking if i've put it up yet lol thanks i'll have a look at them

aaaaargh i'll have to give em a ring tomorrow to much info on there, it does look good though

It was around £120 for two years, so about £4.60 a month - I use http://www.dataflame.co.uk

I am a little fortunate on that side of things as I studied computer programming when I was in college, so after a refresher I was able to do my own website.
Don't suppose you design websites do you? I'm looking into it at the moment, I'm desperate to get a site up so I can rank it high in google and market it towards my facebook page.

I'm gunna check out that dataflame site, how would you rate them out of 10?

James.

10/10 they are a good company, I had used them years ago and they were great, that is why I use them.

I don't design them, but I will be happy to help you out with what ever you are stuck with, I am fairly good with Dreamweaver, HTML, PHP, and JavaScript. So I can show you how to set-up contact forms, Paypal etc no probs.

10/10 they are a good company, I had used them years ago and they were great, that is why I use them.

I don't design them, but I will be happy to help you out with what ever you are stuck with, I am fairly good with Dreamweaver, HTML, PHP, and JavaScript. So I can show you how to set-up contact forms, Paypal etc no probs.
Sounds good to me, I had a website for one of my other websites a while ago but it was one of those, design them on the internet and upload it straight away jobbys. I need a professional HTML encoded site, possibly with Java script to enhance the site.

But again I have no idea where to start... - apart from contacting a company who will wan't to charge me hundreds of pounds to design it, then rip me off with hosting fees /emoticons/unsure.png

James.

Setting up something basic isn't that hard, once you have some hosting setup to test the site, give me a buzz and I can talk you through it.

have a look at my site, and see if that's the kind of thing you would be happy with...

www.mcmanuswindowcleaning.co.uk

I would be perfectly happy with a site like this Ladder, barring a few changes obviously /emoticons/wink.png

How would I go about finding hosting. Sorry I'm amateur at this.

James.

Thanks ClearVue

James, you would just sign up with a hosting service like dataflame, then they would give you a login and password to access your ftp. I use CuteFtp from my desktop to upload the site locally. But you can normally access the login through an FTP address aswell, there are a few other FTP programs you can use as well like Filezilla, and they all come with free trials.

Best thing to do first, is get together all the pictures, and text that you want on your site. That to be honest is the bulk of the work. The easy thing with websites is once you have the main design done, you just have to add the contents, and you can reuse the same template on all the pages.

You can also use CCS to ensure that all your headers and fonts, links etc are the same format throughout the site.

Dataflame, will usually allow for one domain name with you setup you hosting and they with sort out all the DNS registration for you, it can take can take about 24 hours at times, then that is your web address linked to what ever is in your FTP folder.

I can give you more info on making site maps for bots etc to get yourself showing up in search engines when you are alittle further along with it.

That's excellent Ladder, really appreciating this information. I'm going to have a look at it more this Sunday coming as that's my only free day this week.

I'm already starting to collect my pics and text together (quite really easy as the bulk of it is on my facebook page).

Can't wait to start working on it.

James.

Latest Posts

Back