Wfp versus traditional methods

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by kev, Feb 1, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. kev

kev Well-Known Member

Hi guys, say i do a house that takes between 20 and 25 minutes using traditional methods with two men, how long would you estimate it would take with one man using the pole system?

Advertisement
  2. SPCleaning

SPCleaning Guru

I think it would take the same time, but there are other factors to consider. Some gardens are really awful for clutter, plant pots, childrens toys, dogs mess to maneuver a hose around.

3. Smurf

Smurf Banned

No idea as there are so many factors to consider

4. Jonathan Sanderson

Jonathan Sanderson Active Member

one man trad switching to WFP then expect to be nearly twice as quick on maintenance cleans.

So yeah probably one man WFP will do it the same as 2 guys doing trad.

5. kev

kev Well-Known Member

That's what i was kinda thinking mate, that is a lot better than doing it traditional myself and it taking 40 to 50 minutes maybe longer as i havn't tried doing it myself yet, but if i could do 3 houses that size in 1 hour at 20 minutes each that would be £49.50 worth of work. That would be well worth it, less time consuming and tiring. That's provided they would be happy with me using the wfp, i havn't ran it by my customers yet

6. kev

kev Well-Known Member

Cheers that's good to know, most of my work is residential, but i've had it in my mind for a while now about getting more commercial work

7. Jonathan Sanderson

Don't ask them mate. Your paid to clean windows, and with WFP you will be doing a more thorough job, all frames sills, doors etc. They are getting better value for money.

If you ask them about cleaning using WFP they may become ultra picky and start examining windows that normally they wouldn't.

You always get some that can't get their head around pure water technology but the results should speak for themselves.

8. kev

kev Well-Known Member

Yeah that's what i was thinking about them getting frames etc done which they arent at the moment, i meant i dont want to lose customers through it and if that was they case i would do them customers traditional. I am from scotland and from the feedback i've had there is quite a few people that dont like the wfp and have to window cleaners not to come back because of it

9. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

I had an old bat say 'ooh my door is wet' last week. I said 'yeah, I've just cleaned it.' She says and get this...'it's not normally that wet' :rofl:

10. Jonathan Sanderson

Where abouts? Im In south lanarkshire. Honestly mate, just bite the bullet and go for it. I pick up work all the time from people who see how thorough pure water does the job, and your not damaging people's gardens with ladders, more privacy for them etc.

If you offer to do there windows trad instead they will default to that because they don't know any better, and it will hold your business back in my opinion.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
Advertisement