Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

So you canvased that road did you?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

If it's the kids Trev, I always ask if mom or dad is there, I have even asked if the parents are there and it turned out the 'kid' I been talking to is the 25 year old lady of the house. /emoticons/smile.png
When the man of the house answers just give him you pitch and you will be surprised how many of them will accept although more usually they go and get the missus for you.
I did my first stint of knocking doors today and it went reasonably well, first few it felt a little strange but I soon got into it, leaving leaflets on the ones that were out, the first YES came within the 1st hour and another followed shortly after, then I headed for a new estate that I already have a few on but folk moving in each week and got a couple more and a few that were nearly signed up but wanted to speak with the hubby later then call me. Did about 4 hours in total and it worked out better than I thought, more responce than leaflets I'd say which is what I have only done until today, planning to do some more tomorrow in the area I am in tomorrow and hopefully win a few more. I found the best way was no scripting and just be myself, a simple 'hello... Sorry to disturb you, I'm just calling on you to see if you would like a great window cleaner.' /emoticons/smile.png seemed to do ok for me, no F off's yet or doors slammed on me which is a bonus! /emoticons/biggrin.png

I'm finding brilliant success with gumtree on facebook, picking up about 6 new customers a week just from reposting 3 times a week. Deleting my old posts so as to not get told off for spamming. Using google street then to give them a quote, Asking them first if they mind me searching in order to give them a quote

No need to delete posts on facebook

I posted daily on all the local pages when i was starting back up with no hassle

No need to delete posts on facebookI posted daily on all the local pages when i was starting back up with no hassle

depends on the group dude, some admins mention to delete them, not life or death obviously

For a while I was averaging a new custy per road/hour.. But for the last 6/7 hours of leafletting (prior to rain and today) I've come up with diddly squat. And if I do chat to someone in the drive way everyone either already has a windie or just doesn't want one. Sucks bawls. Guess I just keep plodding on and it'll turn around... Yeah wishful thinking :whistle: Guess I better get my facebook page up and running properly...

Back