Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

WFP vs TRAD

WCF

Help Support WCF:

nearlyclean

You haven't got a thread on this./emoticons/smile.png

whats your thoughts

do love WFP no going up ladders clean frames no detailing with scrim and walking away from wet windows

or

do you prefer Trad being at the window able to see close up any small specks of dirt walking away from the window dry up and down ladders

I WFP about 99% of my work just the odd bottoms and shops I trad

I have a few buildings that have windows 35 ft+ which I use to do off ladders and I use to hate them getting the triple ladder off to clean them,dragging ladders through customers houses to get to the back on limited access rear gardens,cleaning leaded glass trad was time consuming.

There are draw backs with WFP making water and running out breakages costs of equipment and having to explain wet windows

I don't have any trad realy do some insides once in a while but pretty much wfp all the time. I prefer it to having the do detailing etc and having nice clean frames.

A lot blame WFP for spots and streaks on glass but you can make just as much mess wet dirty scrim even a careless finger mark on the glass,not changing rubbers when worn out leaving lines,using dirty water.All things that can cause problems for a new guy starting up Trad.Ladder safety is also a must,never going to stop guys using ladders and why would you if someone prefers to provide a Tradition service there is a call for it.Not for me I prefer to keep ladders to a minimum and there are of course safety issues with WFP and quality and many Trad guys prefer to dismiss and throw insults at how stupid WFP is,The WFP they like to expose the safety issues with ladders.It like when they invented Microwave ovens great then the health scares in the 80s you had crazy people say they dont use them and now every one uses them without a thought.Maybe the more Joe Public see WFP in use down their street it will become common place and no one will give a thought to it "just another window cleaner cleaning windows"

Do think he has many take up his offer and how does he clean window that are bigger than 1.2M does he hang out the window.I think I keep to my pole and higher stuff in a cradle or cherry picker,This Guy obviously cant pole and struggling to get work on his own merits and has to slate WFP . I wouldn't knock a Guy if he chose to use a ladder as long as they stay safe,I use to trad and if I couldn't reach a window it got left plenty of low stuff to clean.Falling off a 15 ft ladder hurts at best but falling out of a 40 ft plus window don't think many walk away from that.

Wouldn't say there is much skill to using a squeegee,most people with any co-ordination and 1/2 practise will pick it,

With the Pole you can do a really bad job even make things worse if your not careful.

And high rise stuff poles become impracticable on anything above 4 storeys.

For domestic low rise buildings I think WFP is the answer.

I use to install Drylinning and many Plasterers would say that takes the skill out of Plastering but I seen some pretty shoddy work done by inexperienced or careless Drylinners.It just another way of getting over the problem of covering bare walls just as WFP is just another means of cleaning windows I dont think timmyczech will be out of job soon we still need skilled guys like you to clean off the tall buildings because there is no chance of me going up there

Back