Wfp Water Heater Advice

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by roly, Jun 26, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. roly

roly Newcomer

hi

i'm new here so hello. looking for advice on converting to hot water wfp. i want to do it as cheap as possible, any recommendations?

also when you just want to use cold water do you have to unplug the hose from the heater or can you leave the hose attached and just turn the heater off and the water still runs through heater but without heating it?

and is the heater fitted before or after the pump?

any advice appreciated

roly

Advertisement
  2. chip

chip Guru

You can get a fog wash or an L5 for about 200 quid, main difference being the fog wash is altered to uk standards but have heard that's not an issue if it's just you using it, don't know hw true that is. I don't have a hot system so can't really comment further, but tree a chap called nat jones who popson here quite a bit, knowledgeable chap, f he sees the thread I'm sure he'll answer your questions. Nt sure who else has one.

3. mark m

mark m Hero

I have just got a immersion heater total cost £30 i only use it for first cleans and in the winter only disadvantage is you can not change between hot and cold .The advantage is very cheap, heats the back of van in the winter so all you equipment does not freeze i have made a video if it helps which is in the video section

4. Shaun1977

Shaun1977 Forum Addict

Mark what do you mean you can't change between hot n cold surely ya just don't switch it on if you want cold water

5. mark m

mark m Hero

Sorry what i ment is once you heat it up over night all you can do is use hot the next day

6. harunh

harunh Legend

Mark m what immersion heater can i buy and what can i connect it upto ?

I dont have a clue give me a link of everything i need please mate

7. Shaun1977

Shaun1977 Forum Addict

Mark is there any way of puttin immersion on a timer I was thinking in winter I could run power sicker in the van off another battery were it knocks in and off every few hours

8. roly

roly Newcomer

cheers guys, i like the immersion idea but i only have a 6amp breaker going to my garage so it wouldn't run an immersion heater, but it's something to think of in the future. for now i'm going to take a look at the fogwash.

thanks again

9. roly

roly Newcomer

i spoke to the guy who does the fogwash but he won't be having any until the winter. i need something sorted now really, has anyone got any experience with the reach 2 clean ones advertised on ebay ?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Window-Cleaning-Van-Reach-2-Clean-Flaming-Hot-Heater-/140557073802?pt=UK_HomeGarden_CLV_Cleaning_CA&hash=item20b9dabd8a

10. mark m

mark m Hero

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/14-inch-Immersion-Heater-c-w-stat-FREE-POSTAGE-/290296821363?pt=UK_BOI_Materials_Supplies_Electrical_ET&hash=item439709f673

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Immersion-Heater-Mechanical-Tank-Flange-Boss-Biodiesel-Wvo-/140769632093?pt=UK_DIY_Materials_Plumbing_MJ&hash=item20c6861f5d

Advertisement