Wfp

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by pownallca, Oct 2, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. pownallca

pownallca Guest

I am considering becoming a Window Cleaner and have been reading about WFP.

I do understand the basics but when you have washed the window how do you get the water off like you would with the traditional method?

Advertisement
  2. bluemonkey

bluemonkey Guru

leave it to dry

3. Dodger

Dodger Hero

What he said!

4. pownallca

pownallca Guest

May sound stupid but how come we would not leave a window to dry with the traditional method, I guess I may need to read up WFP's

5. Dodger

Dodger Hero

Because wfp is done using pure water (all salts, chlorine etc taken out and water deionised) this dries totally clear on the glass. Trad methods mostly use tap water with the impurities still in it and also soap of some kind to help squeegee glide, leave all that on the window and it would dry white.

With trad it is actually the squeegee that cleans not the mop/applicator and with wfp it's the brush that cleans, the pure water just rinses the dirt away.

6. Dodger

Dodger Hero

I'll just add mate no question is stupid, we've all been there at some point so ask away. I'm not that experienced myself and was asking the questions myself not so long ago.

7. pownallca

pownallca Guest

Thanks Dodger for making me feel welcome and for your help!

A few more Questions for you -
    • How many 3 bed houses could be done in an hour
    • How many 3 bed houses could we expect to do an a day
    • I live in Berkshire, what would be a realistic rate to charge
    • Do you use WFP and if so how much would it cost me to buy it in
    Regards

Chris

8. Belfastcleaning

Belfastcleaning Grand Master

3 bed houses come in all different sizes, I have 3 beds that I could do in 10 mins, others half an hour!

Next question is hard to say aswell, days I could do 30-40 if Iv enough energy.. Other 10-20..

I hate trying to give prices without having something to look at! If that makes sense?

Wfp setups can be cheap if you go trolley/backpack, DIY van mounts from approx 800, plus poles, pro fits from approx £2k+

9. pownallca

pownallca Guest

Thanks for that!

I am trying to work out how much income can be earned and then decide if I go traditional to start with or WFP.

I live in a 3 bed house with a single storey extension and I pay my Window cleaner £12, it takes him around 20 minutes!

10. deno

deno Active Member

Hi Chris

What system does your window cleaner use, wfp or trad? It's great you know it takes him 20 mins, does he do a good job?

Clean your own windows and see how long it takes you and how good they come up, from there you can roughly work out how long it would take you to do other houses and what you may be able to charge.

good luck with your venture...

Advertisement