What a bad day

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by Gabor, Oct 21, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Gabor

Gabor Newcomer

I had only 4 jobs to do today, after I've done the first lady asked me to leave it until March, She was 2 monthly. Well, I will see... Second went OK. Suddenly I noticed my carbon goosneck is missing. I used it Monday. Gone back to the house where I used but nothing. Third house, cancelled until April. Come on.... I just hope I will pick enough up until they can F. OFF. Forth wasn't at home so I've done it quicly. I really need to pull myself together and knock on those doors again and again.

Advertisement
  2. Eviestevie

Eviestevie Grand Master

If I get customers who cancel for the winter months they never go back in my book!!
    Be ok if everyone did it be out business
    Best bit is they always moan when you charge more first clean

3. Trev81

Trev81 Guru

Agree Stevie, even as I am now no where near a full round I would not have a customer back if they stopped me over the winter, I do a good job each time and do so on the basis it's regular as agreed. Would you tell them if they cancelled for the winter or just tell them your fully booked when they call you again in the sprint time? You would think they would want you more in the winter as they get dirtier lol!

4. Eviestevie

Eviestevie Grand Master

Yes Trev def dirtier in winter and the low sun shows it!
    If a customer tells me that then cancelling for winter I tell them that I can't promise il be able to take them back on in spring,usually they say ok just carry on then
    The few that don't I just tell them no when they rimg

5. mark

mark Forum Addict

weve all been there when we first start out."depending on customers".its demoralizing & can knock your confidence.if you plug on and work hard that situation will never occur because you will be in a position to "GET RID"

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  6. steve garwood

steve garwood ginger lion

6 weekly all year round or nothing, simples

7. Green Pro Clean Ltd

I tell them no problem, then they get noted on my lists, then I forget all about them.

If they call or see me and ask next year then sure, I check my notes, realise they are a part timer and increase their cost by £4 or £5 per clean to compensate for the '****** punter' factor.

When round building not many people do the practical math on numbers, they go out hit the doors for hours and come back with 'oh I only got 4 new ones today'

1st point is that's better than a kick in the nether parts.

2nd point is if you do that daily, at the end of the week you have 20 new customers - that's a full days work by anyones standard.

Do that for 20 weeks (Just 5 months of your life) and you have 20 days per month of custom, if only at £10 per house that's 400 jobs per month £4K income per month, £48K per annum.
    At this point you don't need to knock doors as referrals, walk ups and chin wags with neighbors on the job will fill you to beyond capacity.

Moral, don't ever sniff at 'only 4 new customers today' instead set it as a target.

As for me, I also had two today 'leave it till after x-mas' only difference is I have been at it long enough I just chalk it up as part of the game.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  8. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

I have a minimum charge of a tenner so i see 4 new jobs as a £480 pa pay rise minimum
    Not to be sniffed at
    I got a 408 quid yearly pay rise today
    A few of them a month soon add up

9. Duncs

Duncs Grand Master

if all my **** work was a tenner i would be wealthy guy

10. steve garwood

steve garwood ginger lion

Its ok to take on the **** early on in business as you need the work. But I've been doing it over 20 years now and have 2 rounds at 6 weekly cleans and that's with us both flat out. I now look at a job and if its slightly out the way or if they want insides done or the customer is a dickhead etc etc its turned down flat as we all know within a day or two a decent one will arise. What I'm saying to those fairly new at the game, the job gets easier and better as time goes on

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
Advertisement