Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

What A Charming Young Man

Lol yes some house prices have gone up by 50 -60 k in less than 6 months !!!!!!! A house across the road from me sold 18 months ago for 210k it’s now up for sale for 375 k and sold in the first day it was advertised!!!!! Absolute madness , we are currently getting 2-3 flyers per week through the post from estate agents saying they have buyers waiting for houses in our road cash Byers . Ones are moving down from London in there droves the last dozen or so quotes I have done have been ones re locating down hear . I have a customer who was looking at buying a second home to rent out for holiday accommodation he offered the full asking price which was refused and it was sold by sealed bids he went 80 k above the asking price and still didn’t get it ?????
Stick your prices up higher to compensate. If they from London they won’t even blink a eye at it! 

Pure madness the housing market and has been since last year, we sold our last within 3 days of it going on the market and I have spoke to customers that have sold theirs quicker but are struggling to find another house as they are snapped up so quickly,

We get quite a few people relocating to this area due to the house prices been cheaper but houses prices are continuing to rise, although not as much as 60k in 6 months 
Yeah it’s great when you selling but awful when you buying. We have found a place that’s been on the market for a while so offered home report on it. Waiting to hear back. Most places are going for silly amounts!

Yeah it’s great when you selling but awful when you buying. We have found a place that’s been on the market for a while so offered home report on it. Waiting to hear back. Most places are going for silly amounts!
Might just be asking too much for it and not willing to drop the price, we viewed one house that needed some work, but clearly she wasn't willing to drop the price has it had been on the market for more than 5 weeks, estate agent never even rang us after the viewing, 

Our current house we were the first to view and put an offer in which was immediately accepted, we knew it had issues but it has been a can of worms for work, more jobs than anticipated and some jobs have turned into bigger jobs and more work, but its a 80 year old house, 

If it throws up issues get full independant reports, they might cost you £100's more in the outset but could save you £1,000's in the long run and deal with your solicitor with everything so everything is in black and white, the estate agent have only one agenda and that's to close the sale and get their money,

the estate agent tried to have us over when they arranged a structural engineer for the seller as we were negotiating because of highlighted structural issues in our homebuyers report,  he said it was one thing and there was no other issues as he didn't look or was instructed otherwise within 48hrs we had a separate survey done and it 100% showed issues with failing cavity wall ties that he didn't look for but should have the cost for the works was over 4k 

The estate agent was happy to lie to us and we think they would have had another buyer lined up possibly a builder mate to renovate it and sell it within months, as they didn't sound too happy once we agreed to the final negotiated price, I've never heard someone sound so disappointed when closing a sale.  the bar stewards weren't having us over!! 

Stick your prices up higher to compensate. If they from London they won’t even blink a eye at it! 

That’s exactly what I have been doing have picked up 7 x £60 jobs last week the longest one took 45 muinits  to do on a first clean , Kerr  ching customers were more than happy with the price and they are all 4 weekly cleans ??

Ahh fair enough. Don’t think it could have been me then. 
Maybe Checkatrade. Doing a PW job for a nice foreign woman but she keeps adding things bar the cost. Think there's 50 flower pots but its good to get experience lifting them and moving them about so I will remember to tell the customer to hire the flowerpot men in future, I don't have the back for it no more.?

Maybe Checkatrade. Doing a PW job for a nice foreign woman but she keeps adding things bar the cost. Think there's 50 flower pots but its good to get experience lifting them and moving them about so I will remember to tell the customer to hire the flowerpot men in future, I don't have the back for it no more.?
If you have to move pots then take a photo of them first. This way it makes it easier to replace them where they came from.

Back