What a day

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by Smurf, Jun 16, 2014.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Well I've had quite an interesting day today chatting.

1. On the way to an all day job I passed a falch pressure washer van in a petrol station forecourt with the chaps just setting up. So being inquisitive I wanted to find out if they were local as you do. Turns out they are from another town and most of their work is commercial stuff and with that setup I can see why.

2. Whilst working a bin cleaner pickup pulled up at the house I was working on so as you do I had a little chat with the guy. Told me he had been doing it 7 years and was easy money. When I asked how much the lic was he told me he pays £150 a year for the privilege to empty the waste water down one designated drain. That was his own at home...

3 Chap pulled up down at the side street by the house and asked me what system I was using. Turns out he had an ionics thermapure systems but retired 5 years ago. Said he packed it in as was no money in window cleaning doing commercial jobs mainly and for him just to get by needed at least 500 regular domestic customers too.

4. I had a chat with the a chap across the road working in his garden as he came over as wanted a quote

5. Got stopped working by the lady next door so had a chat as she wanted a quote.

6. Customer was very chatty too

I must have spent more time chatting than doing any actual work today but still managed to finish the job before it got dark. :D

Advertisement
  2. Smurf

Smurf Banned

The joys of working or in my case not working very much for yourself.... Works for me :D

3. cheapncheerful

to gab is part of the game.....and the best gabber award goes too...:rofl:hey i have my moments too.....

4. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Well I did get a £20 tip from the customer, two new jobs, a contact for commercial pressure washing I could sub out to and found out more about bin washing. So all in all was quite a productive day.

I don't chat for nothing you know ;)

5. TolishAPurd

I seem to be having more and more days like this. It seems the weather brings out the talkers.

6. Smurf

Smurf Banned

#6 Smurf, Jun 16, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2014
    I don't mind chatting if I get something out of it...Building trust with customers is all part of the game too.

After saying that there are also some very lonely older folk out there so if I have time I will have a chat just to make sure they are ok as you do.

7. mrtaytay

mrtaytay Grand Master

Same here tolish. I had two long stoppages today......tea and biscuits Indoors with one of my old lady customers and then a complete garden and allotment tour with another customer. Some people dont seem to realise that you have a job to do.

8. mrtaytay

mrtaytay Grand Master

Very true smurf. You do notice that there are some very lonely people out there........and they look forward to a visit from their windy.

9. mrtaytay

mrtaytay Grand Master

Did the bin cleaner say how much he earned smurf?

10. TolishAPurd

I just got a little brainwave. How about we walk about with a taxi meter on our heads. So the longer the custy keeps us, the more they get charged? :D I bet they won't be bothering us then. ;)

Advertisement