Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Website

WCF

Help Support WCF:

windybenn

I keep reading about how to make a website sorry what a waste of money i am getting one made up by a company for £80 is it really worth all that time when you could be knocking on doors or working you would get your money back in a morning.

If you're only paying £80 for a website then in all honesty you won't be getting much. I don't even want to think about how much time I spend on each of the websites that I make. If I was charging £80 I would be cutting some serious corners and wouldn't bother with half the things I'm supposed to do.

I am in the middle or making a tutorial on this, and yeah it is allot of work. If you dont have the software, or the know how then, you will definitely get good value for money going to the likes of Ian, as the software alone to do a decent site can cost more.

But learning the skills would be useful for lots of things, for example you could use ph to make some nice flyers, letter heads, logos etc. You could do your own updates, than have to go through a website designer.

Its like anything, if you decide you want to make some framing for your van, but you dont have the tools or the skills. In the short term, you would be better going to a joiner. But if you invest in the tools and learn new skills, they will save you money over and over again.

Hopefully at the end of the tutorial, people will have a better understanding of how much is involved in doing it. For some, they may decide yeah you know what, i'll spend a little bit on time on it each week and I'll learn something new, and have something to show for my time, as a bit of a personal project that will be of some benefit to me, then others may decide, I am way to busy to go into all that, I'll just give Ian a tinkle /emoticons/biggrin.png.

I also agree with Ian, £80 is very low. I have looked at the deal Ian is offering to VIPs and other members and IMO is very good value for money.

I also agree with Ian, £80 is very low. I have looked at the deal Ian is offering to VIPs and other members and IMO is very good value for money.
Cheers mate /emoticons/biggrin.png

Thats why I'm not bothering with website building anymore, too many people want it done for a ton or less and to do it properly even £199 is cheap. I wouldn't go for an £80 website mate as Iain says too many corners will be cut and whats the point of a website that can't create traffic.

I phoned the website company i used told him what i wanted and a week later for £95 i am top or at worst in the top 3 for my area have a look it is a great website and i think he is doing it cheaper now i ask him often to change bits and he does it for free so i am very happy.

no offence but I tell tell it was done for under £100, very simple little things are missing like a favicon, and the design is very basic.On your window Cleaning tab, you can see your background has repeated which is something I personally wouldn't like. I also just copy & pasted your window cleaning section into word, and there is a few spelling mistakes there. That would have taken the designer about 2 seconds to check.

Again no offence, but I think this is what Ian is trying to get at when he says he would have to cut corners at those prices.

I think you're one of the lucky ones Mark, sites not bad to be fair and was a decent price although it is a basic generic template. He has put a bit of work into onsite seo but the reason you're ranked so high is actually because theres very little compe***ion for your keyphrase etc, I think anyway.

Still ya got a good deal there but most at that price wouldn't be.

when i first got the the design for the website it was very different slide shows etc, i did not really like it in the end i had most of say on what it ended up like so maybe it is not the best in your opinion but i like the look of it . if you look at his site he does some great design for no money really i am not saying he is the best and he is not my mate but i have some great feedback from my site and some great jobs without spending to much money

no offence but I tell tell it was done for under £100, very simple little things are missing like a favicon, and the design is very basic.On your window Cleaning tab, you can see your background has repeated which is something I personally wouldn't like. I also just copy & pasted your window cleaning section into word, and there is a few spelling mistakes there. That would have taken the designer about 2 seconds to check.

Again no offence, but I think this is what Ian is trying to get at when he says he would have to cut corners at those prices.
I wasn't looking that closely but yeah what ladder said as well lol.

Just playing with the yola shizzle mate, I already started on a proper one. Knocked that background up in photoshop in about half hour lol.

Just playing with the yola shizzle mate, I already started on a proper one. Knocked that background up in photoshop in about half hour lol.

Green

thats what everybody likes at the moment thought it look pretty good /emoticons/smile.png

Not getting on at all to be honest, got virtual server set up with joomla on but not decided on design yet. Don't want it to look quite as cheesy as the one I got on yola server lol, still going for the droplets and green angle though.

Have to say though it will still grab attention as soon as it loads, I like websites that grab ya by the goolies lol.

Love the website dodger.

I'm very happy with mine from Iain looks great and I'm listed first and second above google places for window cleaning in Carlisle can ask more than that for the money

Love the website dodger.

I'm very happy with mine from Iain looks great and I'm listed first and second above google places for window cleaning in Carlisle can ask more than that for the money
Absolutely, and I think for what Iain does his prices are very fair. I personally like something a bit more vibrant but thats just me lol it's not just about the design though what he's done behind the scenes is what really counts.

Back